+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1st Birthday Gift Ideas

DS turns 1 in two weeks and ppl are starting to ask for gift ideas. I also have several parties to attend with him, boys and girls...so would love some educational, good quality, inexpensive ideas please :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Play phones/remotes/etc - toys with buttons & lights & sound
    MegaBloks - my first blocks
    Fabric books
    Board Books - especially ones with touchy/feely bits in them, or wheels on the bottom to turn the book into a toy.
    Balls
    Soft dolls for the girls (some boys might be interested in dolls, but not all)
    Bathers
    Beach towels (the hooded ones are great for this age)
    Sun hats with straps for under the chin
    Inflatable wading pool
    Puzzles (2 - 4 piece with big knobs on each piece for easy handling)
    Ride on cars/trains/etc

Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Actually the best present I received for my daughters first birthday was a material swimming bag and really nice beach towel. The bag is great as I can just wash it with the swimmers afterwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As Christmas has only just passed I would get stuff which is aimed at 18 month olds so that it lasts a bit longer and you are not buying more stuff in a few months. DS got a lovely wooden shape sorter for his 1st birthday, which is something that will last. Musical instruments are also a favourite here. Wooden puzzles are also a bit hit.

Ds also loves story books. Julia Donaldson has some great picture story books which you can read as bedtime stories now and when your child is older then can read themselves. The Gruffalo, Tiddler and What the Lady Bird Heard are all lovely.

Crayons, pencils and rolls of plain paper will also last a while. DS also has an aquadoodle which is a great first drawing experience and it is mess free :-)

HTH