+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Christening

Has anyone got their child christened without being a regular church goer? Do you think its hypocritical?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Christening

Why do you want to get lo christened? I guess thats the question

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I was christened and im not overly religious but I feel like its important to believe in something and this will give him a start. If he choses something else in the future thats his decision but i feel like it is a bit of belonging i guess. Many people have told me this is hypocritical because i never attend church.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Christening

Yes I have, I am one of those that got my child christened so that they will be accepted into a school that we want them to attend. We are not religious whatsoever and don't go to church. But this school has great morals and the school works with the family and child with the groundings of good morals etc. So we just did it.
    School has a 3 year waiting list and we got accepted so that's all that matters. I was christened went to private schools and chose not to practise. It's everyone's individual choice at the end of the day

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would find it hypocritical for me to do, so I wouldn't do it. But I'm me, not you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry but I don't think that standing up and professing that you will bring the child up in the particular religion with all that entails when you really mean I just want my kid in your religion's school is the right thing to do. It's just queue jumping. As a practicing catholic who still worries that my child won't get into the local catholic school that really gets my back up. Perhaps you could attend the church sometime, you might find the great morals the school has might be applicable to your life too?

All children have the right to choose their path through life, that's not a barrier if you are christened early on by your parents.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (11-01-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I can see why you feel you want to op as you were but as i dont agree with children being baptised i personally wouldnt.

I think it should be an individuals decision when they are old enough to make that choice for themselves.

All the best with your decision.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (11-01-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    Sorry but I don't think that standing up and professing that you will bring the child up in the particular religion with all that entails when you really mean I just want my kid in your religion's school is the right thing to do. It's just queue jumping. As a practicing catholic who still worries that my child won't get into the local catholic school that really gets my back up. Perhaps you could attend the church sometime, you might find the great morals the school has might be applicable to your life too?

All children have the right to choose their path through life, that's not a barrier if you are christened early on by your parents.
    If I was religious and people were doing this I would be annoyed too

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post

I understand how that must upset you also.

Why are they allowed to do it? Can anyone get their child christened? I thought there were conditions ( for want of a better word) within this church tradition?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Christening

Quote Originally Posted by youmake3 View Post
    I was christened and im not overly religious but I feel like its important to believe in something and this will give him a start. If he choses something else in the future thats his decision but i feel like it is a bit of belonging i guess. Many people have told me this is hypocritical because i never attend church.

Not hypocritical at all. This statement says to me that you have your reasons, just because they're not aligned with others reasons then pffft to their judgements on your belief system.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

youmake3  (11-01-2013)