+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah my ILs were the same, not too bad but thought formula was the go-to for any little problem. We moved when my first daughter was 6 months old so for the other kids I haven't had to deal with it, except when they visit and inevitably notice they are STILL bf!!! To which I reply 'yeah he's still my baby', or something. I don't really care tbh, I know I'm doing what's best so just block it out so it doesn't get to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default MIL & SIL keep pushing FF!!

My mum is the same, in a caring way, but just keeps saying "you and your brother were FF and turned out fine". And I can't stand hearing DS cry, there is no good that can come of leaving a young baby to cry. Perhaps when they are a little older and only for a few minutes, but they don't understand when they are little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh I couldn't breast feed past a few weeks and would have loved for it to be so much longer! Just feed in front of them and nod "ah-ha, ah-ha" and do your shopping list in your head. No washing bottles, buying formula ....

Thanks
    Reviews

I haven't had my baby yet, but I just wanted to say how appalled I am that people seem to think its their place to tell you how to feed/raise YOUR child! I won't be shy in telling people to f off if necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Next time they are over making them tea or coffee using something of your choice, maybe strawberry milk. Drive home the point that people are entitled to make the choice best for them. And as its your baby, you get to make the choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: MIL & SIL keep pushing FF!!

Lol @ windex. So true.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

My mum was the same with me, it wasn't until she looked at me feeding DS one day and said with tears in her eyes 'I would have loved to have done that' that I realised she was envious of me BF, she tried unsuccessfully with all 4 of us. Hugs Hun I know the comments I used to get drove me insane, my DH would always tell me to ff also.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cluky79 View Post
    My mum was the same with me, it wasn't until she looked at me feeding DS one day and said with tears in her eyes 'I would have loved to have done that' that I realised she was envious of me BF, she tried unsuccessfully with all 4 of us. Hugs Hun I know the comments I used to get drove me insane, my DH would always tell me to ff also.
    That might be a point - MIL says my DH was her best breastfed baby (she had 3) and he only fed until 4 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Tell them to eff off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: MIL & SIL keep pushing FF!!

It has nothing to do with them. Stand your ground

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub