+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default MIL & SIL keep pushing FF!!

Having a vent! My in laws answer to everything is give DD2 a bottle! Apparently it will fix reflux, daytime catnapping etc! I don't see how anything but my milk can be best for my baby! I don't mind hearing their opinions. Some of them are really helpful but they keeping pushing it and hounding me about it! She does suffer from reflux but she's wearing a harness for hip dysplasia which doesn't help. She breastfeeds really well and sleeps pretty well at night so I don't see why FF would be beneficial! They know that breastfeeding is important to me. I followed their advice with DD1 when she wasn't sleeping well at 10 months and tried to introduce mixed feeding with a bottle at night! As soon as I did that she rejected the breast! She did start sleeping better tho! Don't want this to turn into a war about BF vs FF. just having a vent and support from anyone else who has experienced the same thing!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hugs KCT it's awful when people around you don't support your choices. My tactic is to nod, smile and then go away rolling my eyes and COMPLETELY ignore them!!!!! As long as you and bub are happy I say carry on!!

Good on you for persevering with BF'ing in the face of annoying people. Keep up the great work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tell them that your doctor recommended you keep feeding her or something like that maybe? Even better tell them that the doctor your dd saw for her hips said it was great you were feeding her as its so healthy and will help her hips in some way (not that I actually know it will do that!) can you make something up to get them off your back for a while?

Thanks
    Reviews

I read on a few websites that BF is better for reflux so that's what I told MIL last time she mentioned it! She didn't really respond! I actually have a really good relationship with all my in laws but this has been bugging me! She also told DH i need to let her cry more! She's only 11 weeks and uncomfortable with the harness and reflux - I hardly think this is an appropriate time to let her cry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: MIL & SIL keep pushing FF!!

Why ifs it that we want out basis to cry? What is the logic behind it? That's what i want to know.

For the reflux, i found success with me drinking lots of Camomile tea...

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I'm a bit hardened after copping it from in laws to wean or bottle feed I'd be pretty tempted to just tell them to go f themselves.

Last conversation about breastfeeding I had with my mil I shouted at her, and kept shouting after she turned on the "I'm sorry you misunderstood" crap. I misunderstood nothing. She told I had to wean jasper point blank countless times. I didn't speak to her for several months.

So help me if she says a word about bfing katelyn. I doubt she'd be so brave though. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I have a reflux bub and have BF him for 5 months and still going strong.
    BF is better as they can slow the flow down where Bottle they can't.

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    BF is better for reflux than formula. Breastfed babies with reflux tend to have less severe reflux and get over it quicker. Insecure people want their own choices to be validated by other people making the same choice. They probably truly think you would both be happier if you did things their way, because they don't understand why you do what you do. Formula was presented to me as a solution to every problem my first daughter had. Like that bloke in my big fat Greek wedding and windex.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SPC For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (11-01-2013),Izy  (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I've warned the FF pushers around me that I will very clearly tell them to F off this time with bub2 due soon. I copped it with DS1 and it puts you under more stress you don't need.

This time around I will not put up with it. I will temporarily break all contact with those that don't support my decision to b/f - plain & simple.

Us mummies sometimes need to harden up and stand up for ourselves. Everyone has the right to make their own parenting choices and should be respected, even if not always agreed.

Thanks
    Reviews

I know exactly how you feel op. My mother has been pushing me to use formula from day one and she's overjoyed that I'm having troubles breastfeeding (now pumping and comp feeding) Having that lack of support has made me feel terrible. Hope things go better for you and keep up the boobies!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub