+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone been through pregnancy and labour with disc issues in lower back???

Just after some experiences from other women as to whether it got worse etc??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have arthritis in my lower back from DS1s pregnancy. I live with a constant ache no matter what i do for it (anti inflams, physio ect). I was worried abotu when i fell pregnant with #2. Throughout my second pregnancy though i didnt notice it very much and towards the end the ache wasnt there, but i did have sharp pains a lot. After the birth the pain was gone, until DS2 was about 15mths then it started to ache again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone been through pregnancy and labour with disc issues in lower back???

Ok, so I don't have disc issues, but I have acute low back pain between 3rd and 2nd vertebrae fot the last 6 years... Unknown cause but it has been agony for a long time. I just had my first baby and had almost no issues with my back pain at all! All my pain was in my abdomen, which may have been related to my abdominal muscles overcompensating for my back muscles... Who knows! I had a natural vaginal birth with only gas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks f or the replies has made me feel a bit better about possibly having another baby !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a minor L4-5, S1 dorsal disc herniation and am 40 weeks preggers. I found the worst time was right in the beginning till about 9 weeks then around 20-25 weeks. My back is achey now but have had no sciatica for ages.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm worried about this too since having my son second baby I've been in agony spent lts of money going to physio chiro acupuncture massage u name it so ended up getting quart ozone injections a lot of them it was amazing how it releived m pain it's been a yr since and my backs starting to really hurt again and I'm ttc number 3 worries are how will I cope with the pain and pregnancy I'm going to see my dr about getting some more but ladies give it a try it really does work!!! Mine was Infamed sacrialic joints and t4,5,6 so I was stabbed top and bottom lol it doesn't hurt just the numbing stuff stings

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont have disc issues, but I have had acute lower back pain for the past 4 years due to my hips and pelvis constantly being out of alignment. I was so worried about falling pregnant and how it would affect my back. I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant with my first and it has not had to much of an affect on my back pain.
    My back is constantly aching (as it usually does) and the normal things that set it off (pushing a trolley, standing/walking for too long) still set it off. It doesnt seem to be worse. Maybe just sleeping has been harder, as positions I used to be able to lay into get comfortable are not possible now with my growing belly.
    I just made sure my Dr's have been aware of the pain from the start and we just take it day by day. I have also made an effort to see my physio once a fortnight which I think is really helping.
    I think everyone is different and you will have to see how you go. There are options out there if you are suffering during pregnancy, so try not to stress out to much about it.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    seems most people ive spoken to with similar issues as me were all fine in pregnancy. my only real concern is that my back is so great now I have been pain free almost since my diagnosis (L5 S1 disc protusion with minor nerve compression) so am so scared of making it worse !!

But no one can really know whats going to happen I suppose so will just have to decide whether its worth the risk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My lower back pain basically went away with pregnancy, especially as I got bigger. My physio said it's cause you basically arch back when you are pregnant (change your centre of gravity) and that relieves disc issues/lower back pain. I was very pleased as I had injured my back badly a year before I got pregnant with #2 (numbness in my feet for 8 weeks after the injury, then intermittently for 12 months if I lifted anything slightly heavy).

I do however get pelvic instability when I'm pregnant, but that's a whole different issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mim1 I did wonder that actually !! Everyone else said I would get more pain as I got bigger but that makes sense really. Thanks so much everyone you have all made me feel less scared !!

x