+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bassinet in your room?

I have a 5 week old who sleeps in a bassinet in our room. I wake up for every snort, fart and sneeze.

Does anyone have their newborn in another room and how does it work for you? Do you need a monitor to hear when they are ready for a feed? Any experiences appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews

We put our bub in her own room from day one with no problems. We had a monitor, but I swear I have super hearing now I'm a mum!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When DS was a newborn he would sleep in his bassinet in our room but we would occasionally put him in his cot in his room....cant tell you exactly why cos Im not sure. Maybe to 'get him used to it' ...cant remember to be honest. He adapted fine to it and we would turn on the baby monitor so we could hear him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Dd2 is still in our room at 6mths as it's suits our family. She does make noises sleeping but its definitely not louder than dh's snores.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Our DS was in a cradle in our room for 1st 8 weeks. I actually slept better with all his snorty noises but DH was having the same problem you are facing and was on high alert at every sound.

He transitioned well to a cot in his own room. We used a baby monitor which I am still dependent on.

I actually wish I never started using the monitor as 14months later I still haven't been able to pack it away.

If we have another I won't be using a monitor, I'll just leave my bedroom door open 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

DD is almost 17 weeks. For the first 13 weeks, she slept in her bassinet next to me. Since then she has been in her cot (far too long/tall for the bassinet now) but her cot is in our room. I actually think I wake more now than when she was right by me, mainly because she rustles the sheets and tosses her head more now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS was in his room in a bassinet from day 1. When this baby is when he or she will be in the cot in their own room from day 1. We use a monitor.