+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Question about Childcare Benefit paid direct to Daycare

Hi Everyone

I'm just wondering if anyone can help me.

My DS attends daycare twice a week. It's at an approved centre. Before he started I called the family assistance office and registered for CCB and was also told I was eligible for CCR. The lady I spoke to recommended that I choose to get it paid direct to the centre (which in theory sounded great) but my question is when does it get paid to the centre?

DS has been attending since Oct 2012 and I have been paying full fees ($426/fortnight) since then...Should the centre have received something by now or is it done quarterly???

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks In Advance!

Thanks
    Reviews

Mine get paid to the centre fortnightly so I only ever pay the discounted rate, except for when they are late paying the centre which is rare.

I would speak to the manager of the daycare centre. Mine is very good and knows exactly how the payments work. I find it a bit confusing tbh.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hollychops For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I know - so confusing! You're right, I should just call the director and ask (I'm just a wimp about calling people - not sure why but I get so nervous on the phone!).

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Speak to the manager of the centre but you can only change how it gets paid at the beginning of every financial year so it may not be registered on the system to be paid to the centre seeing as he only started there in October last year.

Have you had any weird payments from family assistance? It comes up as KQ9 payment or something like that if you look in the system and will be paid to you quarterly. If he started in October 2012, then you'll get the payment at some point this month.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely speak with the Director at the centre.
    Sometimes in the software if there is one tiny bit of info missing or wrong, then no payments are received.

I would just say to the Director that you have registered for CCB, and are wondering why you are still paying full fees. She will be able to look into it for you and if everything is ok on the centres end then you can contact FAO.

When everything is likning properly (centre info to FAO info) all payments are automatic (if the centre is reporting data correctly) so it should be backdated, and you will end up in credit.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsLA For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    I know - so confusing! You're right, I should just call the director and ask (I'm just a wimp about calling people - not sure why but I get so nervous on the phone!).
    I'm a bit the same sometimes so I just email if it's not urgent. Gives them time to look into an answer your query.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Did you get a bit of paper from centrelink? I had to take that in to the daycare before they applied it to my account but credited me as soon as they received it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine was paid direct to the service provider and as they knew that it was paid direct to them I only ever paid the difference. So I was paying the discounted rate all the time. This worked well for me. I did show the provider the letter that said I had elected it be paid directly to them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddie View Post
    Did you get a bit of paper from centrelink? I had to take that in to the daycare before they applied it to my account but credited me as soon as they received it.
    Yes, I did get a letter - will dig it out and have a look...I've just emailed the director too.

Thanks everyone for your replies - really appreciated