+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies, I'm joining in!

I had my weight go up to 90kg after getting married - definitely far too content, we've both been working long hours and making poor food choices. I did weigh myself this morning and I'm down to 88.5kg now - thanks to not being able to keep anything down over the past couple of days!

Now we've moved in with my parents we don't have the "convenience" of a fast food place just around the corner, but I'm struggling to get back into cooking every night.

This heat isn't helping either, I keep saying that when it's cooler we'll take the dogs for a walk, but I keep getting distracted by things to do at home (still unpacking and organising stuff). I can't afford the gym at the moment as we're saving every penny to go into the house, so I'm feeling a bit stuck with exercise during summer - any suggestions???

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

BlissfulMama  (16-01-2013),MadeWithLove  (15-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Losing KG instead of TTC

I bought a bunch of exercise videos and did them at home when I didn't have gym membership, biggest loser ones are great.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

MadeWithLove  (15-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Hey all, I'm doing alright. Been walking today, 40 mins with a 12kg baby on my back!

My eating has been poor- I blame af, all I want is sugar
    Good for you!!! At least if you are eating the wrong things you are moving.. so hopefully it all balances out and you dont gain! wishful thinking.
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    This was me last wk, I ate an entire packet of choc covered raspberries for lunch one day :0
    oops! sounds delicious thought!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    Hi Ladies, I'm joining in!

I had my weight go up to 90kg after getting married - definitely far too content, we've both been working long hours and making poor food choices. I did weigh myself this morning and I'm down to 88.5kg now - thanks to not being able to keep anything down over the past couple of days!

Now we've moved in with my parents we don't have the "convenience" of a fast food place just around the corner, but I'm struggling to get back into cooking every night.

This heat isn't helping either, I keep saying that when it's cooler we'll take the dogs for a walk, but I keep getting distracted by things to do at home (still unpacking and organising stuff). I can't afford the gym at the moment as we're saving every penny to go into the house, so I'm feeling a bit stuck with exercise during summer - any suggestions???
    We do a meal plan for the week using taste.com app. It has a shopping list and a huge variety of meals to cook. I have been focusing mostly on the healthy eating recipes atm. Then the list of whats for dinners this week gets put on the fridge and whoever is home first starts cooking. We get leftovers for lunch most days too!

RE excercise.. Im no expert but im sure walking is a good start. Maybe try building up to do a bit of running? I started using the Couch to 5k app. recently and its great. You do small walks then jogs, walk, jog etc etc until you slowly and at your own pace build up to a full 5km run. You can repeat steps and take as long as you want to build up. But i love that as you are walking and listening to your own music a little lady says 'start running' 'stop running' etc. If i was left to my own devices i would run for about 5sec and give up.. but seeing the countdown timer def helps to stretch out my runs and see my progress too.

Best of luck!
    And hope you are feeling better soon too. Being sick is never fun

xxxx
    Last edited by MadeWithLove; 15-01-2013 at 12:33.

BlissfulMama is offline Loving this new tiny person more than I ever imagined!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh I'm a little over the holidays! Had visiting relatives and friends... Cooking and eating such fatty food! No exercise what so ever... Hopefully as on next week have nobody come stay and I can kick it off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    have been doing really well for just over a week then today just had headache that wouldn't shift, which in turn made me a have a coke (for some reason I crave it with headaches), a coffee (trim but still..) and a couple of glasses of wine! farkadoodledo

Thanks
    Reviews

First weigh in today! Happy AS that I'm heading in the right direction. Doesn't feel like much but 1kg every week for the year all adds up to a skinny minny come Christmas. : )

HEIGHT: 166cm
    WEIGHT STARTING: 112.9kg
    WEIGHT TODAY: 111.8kg
    TOTAL LOSS: 1.1kg
    % LOSS:
    GOAL WEIGHT: mini goal under 100kg then onto pre baby weight of 89kg.

CHALLENGES:
    PHYSICALLY:
    keep up the gym and incidental exercise!

MENTALLY: waiting 30 min or so after a craving is totally working! They have ALL disappeared and so far you haven't eaten anything cause you were DYING to have it! *high five myself*

SHARE A LITTLE WIN:
    I enjoyed a few too many wines on sat night and let it go for a night guilt free. Enjoyed myself and then got right back into the programme! No more.. 'oh well I ate one thing naughty so what's the point this week' attitude!

how are you all travelling ladies??

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm on the phone so can't reply to everyone but well done all! Whether we fell of the track a little or not, at least we are all still heading in the right direction

I myself am writing this while on the exercise bike! My sister is on the treadmill next to me to keep me motivated.

We will officially weigh in on Friday but as of this morning I had lost another .5 kg

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm in too girls!!

We decided to try for #3 in Nov but since then I've decided not until I'm 100% happy to and my body is ready for another baby (babies etc) my last pregnancy was very hard on my body (I had my babies at 38w and they were 7pd4 and 8pd3!!!!) so no more skimpy swimmers for me haha

I'm giving myself the time and effort to focus on a healthy weight again and then once I'm where I'm comfortable DH and I will give #3 a shot.

HEIGHT: 180cm
    WEIGHT STARTING: 104.5kg
    WEIGHT TODAY: 104.5kg
    TOTAL LOSS:
    % LOSS:
    GOAL WEIGHT: mini goal under 95kg then ultimately down to 90kg and finally to 85kg and it's baby dance time!

CHALLENGES:
    PHYSICALLY:
    DH and I both run our own separate businesses and have 0 time free

MENTALLY: minimal urgency as I've already lost my first 12kg and I fit my pre baby clothes (although they are über snug)