+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    BlissfulMama is offline Loving this new tiny person more than I ever imagined!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Am I too late to join this?

Wanting to be actively TTC as I want a close age gap between DD and second baby but gained so much weight when I miscarried in '11 then during pregnancy, now still eating my life away...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Losing KG instead of TTC

Hi ladies,

I hope you all are well and Hope you don't mind me joining in! What a great idea to help each other I am also trying to concentrate on being healthy now instead of obsessing over ttc. I have just started on Optifast so will see how that goes this time

HEIGHT: 168cm
    WEIGHT STARTING: 81.9kg
    WEIGHT TODAY: 80.4kg
    TOTAL LOSS: 1.5kg
    % LOSS: 1.8%
    GOAL WEIGHT: Must get to 70kg for a normal BMI,would like to get to 60

CHALLENGES:
    PHYSICALLY:
    I have horrible sciatica that doesn't seem to want to leave just pushing through regardless!

MENTALLY: I'm not a quitter but always seem to forget about my goals as soon as progress slows, I have to keep focused!

SHARE A LITTLE WIN: I am 1.5 kg lighter than I was when I started a week ago without exercising! Will be dragging my sister (we are neighbours) out for a walk every night to see how much better I can get!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulMama View Post
    Am I too late to join this?

Wanting to be actively TTC as I want a close age gap between DD and second baby but gained so much weight when I miscarried in '11 then during pregnancy, now still eating my life away...
    It's never too late to join in! Welcome!

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Rlpreston!! Well done loosing already! I'm sure once you start walking the kgs will just start falling off!
    High five!!!
    ^.^

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Can I join too? Dh and I have been just 'seeing what happens' with regards to ttc for number 2 and as I have pcos I am all over the place with cycles so of course as I expected, no BFP for me. I had a bit of a lightening bolt moment and realised I really want to get myself back on track (weight and health wise) before having another baby. So with that, dh and I have committed to a lifestyle change with view to ttc at the end of the year once I have lost the weight I want to lose ( or longer if i need it). I have been doing it since the 2nd of January so I will put my numbers in from then!
    HEIGHT: 176cm
    WEIGHT STARTING: 103 so ashamed. (2/1/2013)
    WEIGHT TODAY: 99!!!!!
    TOTAL LOSS: 4kg's!!!!! yay!
    % LOSS:
    GOAL WEIGHT:i would absolutely love to be 70kg's but realise it will be a long road so my first goal is 85kg's.

CHALLENGES: working full time/ hubby works away/ have 2 year old dd... I have to make time to meal plan and make my lunch to take to work do I'm not tempted to buy.

PHYSICALLY:
    I will try get out and walk as much as possible. I will walk up and down the stairs at work instead of taking the lift. (have been doing this for the last week and a half and my legs are killing me!)

MENTALLY: I am an emotional eater! Have fridge stocked with healthy options rather than chocolate. Someone once told me 'nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels' .... I've always kept that in my mind but would probably change it to 'nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels'...

SHARE A LITTLE WIN:
    After a week and a half I have lost 4kg's and I'm so proud of myself! I have cut out bread/ pasta and most other starchy carbs as it does nothing for my pcos. Also I have cut out coke and other fizzy drinks. So far im going well after a week and a half and I am feeling really motivated to continue.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thought I'd join u girls. Might be the extra motivation I need to keep going.

HEIGHT: 165cm
    WEIGHT STARTING: 99.8kg
    WEIGHT TODAY: 79.9kg
    TOTAL LOSS: 19.9kg
    % LOSS:
    GOAL WEIGHT: 67kgs

CHALLENGES:
    PHYSICALLY:
    keeping motivated to move. Go through waves of really into it then give up.

MENTALLY: stop eating out of boredom.

SHARE A LITTLE WIN:
    I've got this far. Keep going and get where I want to be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have not weighed myself since I was 40 weeks pregnant and have no scales at the moment. I think I'd be like 105kg... Am hoping to start my diet in a week. Sounds like such a cop out but we've got guests for the next week! My goal is 75kg... I am so far off it is pathetic!

I want to do this so much so I can TTC and be pregnant and not overweight as my pregnancy although healthy for the first 39 weeks went down hill horrible with pre-eclampsia. Be it that was always going to happen or me being fat, it wasn't nice!

For now until I can update!

WEIGHT STARTING:
    WEIGHT TODAY:
    TOTAL LOSS: None.
    % LOSS:
    GOAL WEIGHT: 75kg

CHALLENGES:
    PHYSICALLY: I find breast feeding drains me so with a baby and a house to run, I get tired.

MENTALLY: Getting motivated.

SHARE A LITTLE WIN: None so far.
    Last edited by BlissfulMama; 12-01-2013 at 13:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone here with earthside babies breastfed and got any healthy but easy ideas for me to snack on? I'm pretty good with meals, it's the snacks between meals. Chocolate biscuits for DP who couldn't get fat if he tried are just too accessible!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post
    Thought I'd join u girls. Might be the extra motivation I need to keep going.

WEIGHT STARTING: 99.8kg
    WEIGHT TODAY: 79.9kg
    TOTAL LOSS: 19.9kg
    % LOSS:
    GOAL WEIGHT: 67kgs

CHALLENGES:
    PHYSICALLY:
    keeping motivated to move. Go through waves of really into it then give up.

MENTALLY: stop eating out of boredom.

SHARE A LITTLE WIN:
    I've got this far. Keep going and get where I want to be
    Well done on your amazing results so far! You're over half way there!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rlpreston For This Useful Post:

LilNightmare  (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow, it seems like there are a lot of us in the same boat re ttc and health. It's good to not feel alone

I'm feeling really positive at the moment but I always seem to lose my way after a bit. I think I will benefit from having you ladies to keep me on track!

Is anyone else trying a particular diet or program? I have started Optifast shakes and am actually liking it surprisingly.