+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Swaddling your baby!

I stopped swaddling the day after we left the hospital. We never got the hang of it & DS used to get too hot (he was a Melbourne winter baby too!) I personally think Grobags are the perfect way to keep your baby sleeping soundly. At least you know your baby is getting the right coverage & temperature for the appropriate season.

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Swaddling your baby!

Melbourne baby here too!!

I've heard of grobags but have never seen them. I'll research now!! Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I stopped swaddling DD at 3 months because it got too hot with no aircon in the bedroom. It wasn't until she was 12 months and I night weaned that she slept well again. It really mucked up her sleep when I stopped swaddling but I didn't have much choice because of the heat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post
    Thank you for your replies. I guess, like almost everything else, each baby is different.

It's too hot to swaddle today, so I find he won't sleep as well. If I continue to not swaddle will he learn to sleep without it as he gets used to it?

He'll get used to sleeping with out being wrapped, you might have a day or 2 of cranky baby... you could try transitioning him - unwrap 1 arm for a day or 2, then both arms and just wrap about his chest/belly.... then completely unwrap him... good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Baby number 1 - was such an amazingly effective sleep cue I didn't give up the swaddle until 14 months. Even then that was the beginning of difficulty getting him to bed at night.

Baby number 2 - never really liked being swaddled. By how fiercely she kicked etc I suspected before she was born she didn't even like being held tightly in utero. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Swaddling your baby!

We tried stopping early as DS always seemed to fight it but then his startle reflex would wake him continously.

At about 13weeks we discovered the wrap me up bags! Was the perfect solution for DS. Allowed him access to suck his fists which is what he wanted but kept him snug enough not wake himself up all the time.

If we have a number 2 I will be investing in some newborn sized ones and use them from birth.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS was swaddled until he was about 10 months old. He had awful eczema and if I didn't swaddle him he'd scratch his cheeks until they were bloody.
    Good thing he liked being swaddled :/.

Thanks
    Reviews

We went cold turkey around 4 months and he instantly slept better. It was great

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

DS1 hated being swaddled, even after birth he wiggled his way out.

DS2 is 16 weeks old and I hardly swaddle him now. Its way to hot. I only do it if he's really unsettled, then I will unwrap when he's sound asleep.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is 15 months and is still swaddled lol. She's in a Wrap me Up Lite... And the fabric is so streched she can pretty much move freely in it anyway. As a PP said its such an amazing sleep cue and she sleeps so well with it im afraid to get rid of it!
    That being said, i plan to wean her off it on Monday... But i have been saying that every week for around 8 months now. Who knows, maybe this monday will be the day - OR - i will need to make a pattern so i can sew giant Wrap me Ups for when she's 5......

Whatever works i say!!!