+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default A mice that's too smart for traps?

1800 hitman.

40% of house fires without obvious causes are believed to be caused by rodents

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: A mice that's too smart for traps?

We had the same problem last year, mostly in our sunroom thankfully. They started getting too smart for the traps so i put a sultana with peanut butter on it. The sultana was hard to get off without actually pulling it and causing the trap to go off. Peanut butter on its own is almost useless because they can just lick it without setting the trap off.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bacon rind or bacon fat rubbed on the trap always works for me.

They say one visible mouse = 50 within 6 months. Gross.

I was digging up my vegie garden and found a mother and six babies in a nest about 3" under the soil. The babies had just been born. Now that disgusting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetTheBluths View Post
    Charge him rent but only a little bit. And tell him he has to chip in with the housework and bills.

Clearly he likes your company so I presume he's single? In which case tell him no funny business should a girl mouse come along under any circumstances!

Whats his name?
    Forgot to add - get a cat

(make sure it's from the RSPCA)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had success with a humane mouse trap. Put food in it and as the mouse walks in the trap door shuts and locks so they can't escape (peanut butter seemed to work). Then we drove mousey to a park (spun him around so he didn't know what direction he came from), and let him go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why on earth would you use a glue trap?

Those things are inhumane. Take a look here at what they do. In fact, a Google image search will show you the results of such traps. The RSPCA are opposed to them. There's a good reason why Victoria have banned them, and why places like Bunnings do not sell glue traps intended for small mammals. What happens basically is they get stuck and can't get off, but they try very hard to get off. The result is... well... gruesome. It is not uncommon for rodents to chew their limb off to escape.

Why on earth someone would use these terrible torture traps over a quick kill trap or a trap that does not harm them is beyond me. Just think about how you'd like to be glued on a plastic mat and suffer in terror and panic until you starve or rip/break something to escape?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I've only ever used the catch and release traps. The glue traps are horrific IMO Either trap and release or just quickly kill it, no need to make the poor things suffer. Jmo.
    I agree with you 100% They're disgraceful.

Just suppose the OP finds a live mouse stick on one of these glue traps. Then what?