+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do a search on here. People regularly suggest one with a nine-month waiting period - at that is nine-months til birth not nine months til conception. I don't remember what they are called at the moment, but a search should reveal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default PHI confusion!?

Didn't they change to 12 too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: PHI confusion!?

The bupa cash back for private room us only members first facility (more than just network) and only for day surgery.

Latrobe did have a 9 month obstetric wait, but they're now 12 in line with the rest of the industry.

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

Thanks
    Reviews

Default PHI confusion!?

Hi OP. I got my PHI yesterday. Mid hosp cover with Medibank Private.

As long as your EDD is after your waiting period is served you are covered. If birth is premature, your OB just has to write a letter stating what your EDD was. Bubs needs to be signed up within 60 days to have all waiting periods wavered. The only thing not covered is if bub has pre existing condition found while in utero.

I'm covered for everything, private room (my hosp of choice has no shared rooms on the private OB wards), meals, surgical assistant and anaesthetist. I have no excess and only have to pay the gap fee if charged.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: PHI confusion!?

Ngaiz. You may like to check on the pre existing for bubs congenital conditions. Traditionally if parents have served all their waiting periods a baby born into the find will also have served all waits (ie, after mum and dad are covered for 12 months anything goes).

With bupa the parents don't even have to have served their waiting periods any more. Baby is covered with no waits from dare of birth as long as they're added within two months (must have their start date as date of birth too though. In the case of singles this may mean catch up payment)

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

Thanks
    Reviews

Default PHI confusion!?

I went through everything with them last night, over an hour :/ I've been told that if they discover anything on scans that it will come to the discretion of the fund wether or not it's covered, same as any of my pre existings. But if it's found after birth it's completely covered. Other than that, they don't have to serve any waiting periods, as I already have. I'm not too worried cause I can always opt of of PHI for the baby and have the public system cover it. I work at my hospital of choice so I've researched how it all works.
    I also got it ALL in writing before I paid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default PHI confusion!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Hi OP. I got my PHI yesterday. Mid hosp cover with Medibank Private.

As long as your EDD is after your waiting period is served you are covered. If birth is premature, your OB just has to write a letter stating what your EDD was. Bubs needs to be signed up within 60 days to have all waiting periods wavered. The only thing not covered is if bub has pre existing condition found while in utero.

I'm covered for everything, private room (my hosp of choice has no shared rooms on the private OB wards), meals, surgical assistant and anaesthetist. I have no excess and only have to pay the gap fee if charged.
    I'm with MBP, same cover and had to pay the anesthesiologist... Is that your hospital's policy? 😨

Thanks
    Reviews

Default PHI confusion!?

Quote Originally Posted by callmedragon22 View Post
    I'm with MBP, same cover and had to pay the anesthesiologist... Is that your hospital's policy? 😨
    No. Say the schedule fee is $500 but the anaesthetist charges $700. I will only have to pay the $200 gap.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

PR2bMum  (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default PHI confusion!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    No. Say the schedule fee is $500 but the anaesthetist charges $700. I will only have to pay the $200 gap.
    Gotcha

Thanks
    Reviews
    btmac : What hospital has only single rooms? How do I find out what hospital only has single rooms?

Plan2bamummy: What hospital? How did you find out what rooms they had?

It may seem like I am 'single room crazy', but its my first and I don't have my parents anymore (well my dad passed away and my mother has dementia) so I feel pretty clueless and alone (other than fiance and his family of course) and want to be as comfortable and informed as possible. I will be 25 when we ttc (atm 24).

I don't think any of them have 9 month waiting periods anymore. I did do a search prior to asking and I really couldn't find anything other than forum discussion on latrobe?

Will make sure I get detailed answers about when bub is covered and how to make sure they are covered from the moment they can be. Its been added to my list!

Ngaiz - I think I am going to be just like you, getting information for ages! Did you do it over the phone or go into a store/branch? I am thinking we may need to go into a branch just so they can give us the written information as I really want to cover myself.
    Last edited by sprinkelle; 11-01-2013 at 22:00. Reason: didn't make sense!