+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Support/success stories???

I am currently sitting here listening to my 15 month old ds screaming.... Tonight we have gone cold turkey off the dummy after months of waking 6-8 times I have had enough. But it feels like he is never going to go to sleep at the moment we are up to 45 mins of crying (increasing the time I go in there by 2 mins) I fear I am going to just give in and give him his dummy especially in the middle of the night when he wakes..... Help me

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont know lots about controlled crying but I did do a little bit of it with my son when he was little. If its got to this point, id say its not working.

Maybe doing controlled crying as well as trying to go cold turkey off the dummy is a bit much at once? For all of you, not just him.

Can you comfort him without giving him the dummy maybe?

Sorry, I know its not exactly the advice you were asking for. But it sounds really hard for you all.

Thanks
    Reviews

Is there a soft toy u could get him hooked on as a comforter now that his dummy is gone?

He's probably feeling a bit alone/lost loosing his dummy and not having mum there also.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Support/success stories???

Oh sorry I have done the controlled crying with him before but now he just has to learn to sleep without the dummy. He has a soft ruggle/teddy that he has had since he was 3 months old. He fell asleep just after the hour mark. Finger crossed it only gets better from here. Starting to wish I never gave him a dummy in the first place

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm sure the dummy was a fantastic help at the time, so don't wish this.

Keep persisting, given its worked tonight, it may be hard to go through it again tomorrow, nit just remember it will be easier than taking one giant leap backwards if you cave after tonight. Hopefully tomorrow night he will cry for less time, and less the night after and so on.

Good luck! Let us know how you go tomorrow night!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks cuddles so far we are going great, he woke at 12 lastnight and only cried for 20 mins then went through to 6am. For his nap today he only cried for 5 mins and then tonight I only had to go in twice and he is asleep within 15mins. I'm still nervous because I expected it to be a lot worse than this. Fingers crossed. I am 10 weeks preg with number 2 and will probably go with a dummy again but take it away at 6 months........maybe haha we all know they have different ideas

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey!

How has it been going the last few nights? Success or disaster!?

I hope you have both been coping.

Thanks
    Reviews

100% success! He goes to sleep straight away and generally only wakes once and I only have to go in once or twice and he goes back to sleep! Huge improvement from waking 8-10 times

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by k17 View Post
    100% success! He goes to sleep straight away and generally only wakes once and I only have to go in once or twice and he goes back to sleep! Huge improvement from waking 8-10 times

That's great to hear!!! The first night or two are always tough when taking away the dummy or letting them have a cry. Your little man will feel much better from sleeping properly

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by k17 View Post

Oops, double post!