+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neekie View Post
    All I picture is this

Harliquinn
    Oh my gosh, she is just the cutest thing ever!!!!

I was surprised by how much I liked the name Harliquinn reading it in this thread! I think it's cute, funky and pretty. Looks like it suits her to a T.

And if she gets older and feels like she doesn't want to use it, she can always use Harley or Quinn. But she'll probably just rock her name and no-one will ever question it.

I wasn't aware that it was a disease...never of heard it before, so didn't make the association.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some names are unfortunate for the kid long term .. I think celebs can get away with more strange names as their parents are so well known .. The kid will most likely be well known .
    But for plan Jane down the road who has a kid called tinker bell .. Well I only hope the kid has a bright future!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All I picture is this

Harliquinn
    Awwww beautiful baby!! What is wrong with her name? I don't even know what it means but it sounds nice. I wouldn't blink or think it's strange at all.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Are unusual names cruel?

I have nieces Moneé, Indiah and Avalie (pronounced Ava-lee) and Nephews Jayden (unusual 21 years ago when he was born), Cohen and Jensen.
    My girls are Kaida (Japanese name) and Allira (Aboriginal) and I think all of these names are unusual, but not 'cruel'.

I did hear of a girl naming her children Brooklyn and Miami, I never quite got that one. Also Triggher for a boy i think is silly. I don't think these names could ruin the child's life though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I have a somewhat unusual name, I lie about my name when on the phone ordering things and even worked on the phone under another name because it saved time spelling it, or repronouncing it to clients.
    I do the same thing! I use the name Sam as it is soooo much easier than using my real name...it gets so frustrating when you're waiting for your coffee order to be called out and they're calling out 'Shirley' (not even close to my real name), so you wait and wait, not realising that they were calling your order.

Also when I deal with upset customers at work (part of my job is moderating our facebook page), I don't give my real name as I am the only person in Australia with name and I would be so easy to find. I actually fear for my safety sometimes due to my name...I have actually had a guy stalk me, even after I moved and changed my phone number, because he was able to find my name so easily. I've had to change the privacy on all my social media accounts, so no-one can find me, make sure my numbers are private, etc. Not fun!

I find a psuedonym so much easier to deal with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my husband wants to call our next boy Ace, im still trying to figure out if this is cruel or cool

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Maximum22 For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

All I picture is this

Harliquinn
    Gorgeous!

For the record, Harlequin is actually this >

ImageUploadedByBub Hub1357853585.899342.jpg

The condition was named for the appearance of the costume. I think of the original meaning first.

If every name that could ever be associated with something unpleasant was discounted there would be a very limited choice!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rlpreston For This Useful Post:

babycake  (11-01-2013),lambjam  (11-01-2013),Rutabaga  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum22 View Post
    my husband wants to call our next boy Ace, im still trying to figure out if this is cruel or cool
    I know a little boy called Ace. I like it but people sometimes ask what his 'real' name is thinking that Ace is a nickname.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I read a news article a few weeks ago when someone had named their daughter Hashtag, as in #

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMum View Post
    I read a news article a few weeks ago when someone had named their daughter Hashtag, as in #
    i refuse to believe that, until i actually meet a L-a or a # im going to think they are urban myths

seriously it wouldnt get through BD&M much more normal names like Duke get rejected