+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Beginning TTC journey.. Clomid Q's

Hi

I am new to the board. I am Ingrid. I am 25 (26 in a week), I am married with a little boy who is turning one in a few weeks.
    My partner and I have decided to begin our TTC journey, and we don't expect it to be easy.
    It took years apon years to fall pregnant with DS1.
    We only want two and we'd love for them to be close together. I had my first PP AF a month ago, so things have finally started ticking 'down there'! But they are as sporadic as they were before falling pregnant with my son.
    I have PCOS and have always suffered from long, or absent AF's. I have had a month long AF, still going as I speak and I don't have a great deal of faith in falling pregnant naturally any time soon.

So I am off to my GP tomorrow to discuss options.
    I am already taking Metformin, and I am hoping she'll offer some thing else. I have little education about Clomid, but I'd be interested to know what people have to say about it, their experience with it and the success of it...

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ingrid, my name is Gemma
    Hubby and I have been ttc#1 since May / June 2012. I had come off the pill after 10+ years and was having very long cycles after 2 'normal' ones. After two 74 day cycles i headed to the gp, reffered to gyno who started me on my first round of clomid in december.
    I had few side effects - hot flushes, dizziness and headaches but it was really only when i was taking the meds (5 days)
    I am now on day 44 and (im)patiently waiting for AF to hurry up! Tracking my bbt has been no help for me but i will try to persevere. I have heard the first round often doesnt work so i have my fingers crossed for January

Hope this was some help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ingrid!
    I had massive mood swings on the Clomid. I also have pcos and was on metformin to try and assist. The mood swings only lasted while I was physically taking the tablets so for a few horrid days - it was worth it in the end for us.

NanaK is offline I'm surrounded by beautiful boys!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Clomid = crazy pills...

but for me, they worked

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there! I have had clomid six times, and I found each cycle I had terrible hot flushes. I was on the lowest dose possible, and also was quite teary (but I think that comes with the TTC territory anyways!). They really aren't that bad, but maybe I was lucky!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Beginning TTC journey.. Clomid Q's

All the best I was only on 25mg. I don't think I had the mood swings (my friend did terribly though so warn DH) but I got hot flushes and nausea. Best advice is to take them before bed and you sleep the worst of the symptoms off. It took me a while to work that out. Good luck!