+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Weight loss shakes..

How much can you expect to lose per week while on these shakes?

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Weight loss shakes..

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post

I think it would vary between different people an how over weight they are to start with.

I can let you know how many kilos I lose in another 6 days .. If I don't cheat .. Hopefully it's a lot lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CocktailBubba For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (17-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Quote Originally Posted by CocktailBubba View Post
    I think it would vary between different people an how over weight they are to start with.

I can let you know how many kilos I lose in another 6 days .. If I don't cheat .. Hopefully it's a lot lol
    Oh yeah, i relise it would vary. I was just wondering what the average would be?
    I'm considering doing the shakes but atm am doing a juice fast. Wondering which of the 2 would be more effective for weightloss?

Thanks
    Reviews

It really can vary a huge amount, depending on which program you follow, how strictly you follow it and how much you weigh to begin with.

Weight loss is always quicker when you have a higher amount of weight to lose, so as you get lighter the progress is slower.

Last time I did it I was 82kg and lost 11kg in 12 weeks on optifast. This was with no exercise other than the occasional walk so ideally you could lose more than that to begin with if you exercise more. This time I am aiming to burn off an extra 400 cal a day on the treadmill/bike/walking plus boot camp starts in 2 weeks (2 hour long sessions per week).

According to my fitness pal app I can expect to lose anywhere up to 2kg per week. This however is not recommended as it is too fast.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rlpreston For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CocktailBubba View Post
    I bought mine last night from chemist warehouse and started today too I haven't been hungry but I've been in a foul mood since the afternoon so hoping I snap out of it by tomorrow. I got the chocolate and coffee flavour - I find them ok to drink but they taste a bit sweet for my liking.

I'm 74kgs/155cms and hoping to lose about 18kgs in total before we go overseas in July. I'm going to give this a go for 2 weeks first
    I got the vanilla and strawberry. Don't mind the strawberry but vanilla is crap. Should have got the chocolate.
    I think I might need to add something for the vanilla.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh yeah, i relise it would vary. I was just wondering what the average would be?
    I'm considering doing the shakes but atm am doing a juice fast. Wondering which of the 2 would be more effective for weightloss?

Hmm I'm not sure - I'll report back next week with my weight loss. I'm doing 3 shakes a day, 1 piece of fruit, 1 raw veg and about 4-5 litres of water.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CocktailBubba For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia92 View Post
    I got the vanilla and strawberry. Don't mind the strawberry but vanilla is crap. Should have got the chocolate.
    I think I might need to add something for the vanilla.

Haha I never get vanilla anything! I remember my dad giving me vanilla protein shakes when I was a kid because I was so scrawny and it tasted terrible! The chocolate is pretty ok, coffee is drinkable but I'll try the strawberry next time!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tormy View Post
    So I'm thinking of trying optifast. I've done a shake kinda diet before with tony ferguson and it worked really well and I lost about 15kgs. But shortly after I lost the weight I got married then pregnant with DS - and I've not been able to shift the baby weight.

For those that have done the optifast shakes do u know if you can have them as ht drinks instead ? With the tf ones I used to have a big cup of hot chocolate with the chocolate powder mix instead o a cold drink. I'm assumin I could do the same on optifast?
    I'm not on optifast, I'm on optislim but I don't see why not.
    Wouldn't matter if you add cold water or boiling water. I just wouldn't recommend adding milk. Well maybe a tiny bit wouldn't hurt. But I'd just add a bit of cold water to cool it down.
    Good luck!!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just another option, my DH uses the Aldi diet shakes and they actually taste pretty nice! They're fairly similar to the nutrition content of the TF shakes (haven't checked against optifast etc) but they're the cheapest ones out there and I think for value for money they're awesome.
    I probably will go back to TF or similar after this bub is born but I'll give the Aldi ones a go first just to see if I like them. They smell good though and he says they taste good. He's a fussy bugger and didn't like a lot of the TF ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Sorry to crash but apart from the "Lose Baby Weight" does anyone know of any BF friendly shakes? I wouldn't be replacing all meals.