+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    Am feeling really good today and found yesterday way easier than the other few days on the 3 shakes and only 2 small snacks. Slept better last night too, also helps!

My weight today is 83.6...so that is another 400g lost since yesterday! Def needed this to shift from my plateau!

Have a bit of a whinge and I don't even know if i am entitled. I have a good friend who has always been a bit bigger than me who is also on a health kick. I saw her today and she offered me some jeans that are now too big for her...thing is...they are 3 sizes too big for me. I feel a bit miffed that she offered them to me! I mean, I am wearing size 14 in most pants and in diff brands...so why offer me size 18 stuff!! I felt really offended! Sigh, maybe I am being too sensitive!
    HAHAHAH I used to have this friend who was way bigger than me at that age. She had a massive bust too. Anyways I remember being at her hosue once and I tried one of her tops on and my GAWD it was hella tight on me. I was like GIRL, how the F do YOU fit into this!? And she was all, I dont know, it fits me fine. But yeah, it didnt, she just liked to squeeze into clothes too small for her and have her boos popping out hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    HAHAHAH I used to have this friend who was way bigger than me at that age. She had a massive bust too. Anyways I remember being at her hosue once and I tried one of her tops on and my GAWD it was hella tight on me. I was like GIRL, how the F do YOU fit into this!? And she was all, I dont know, it fits me fine. But yeah, it didnt, she just liked to squeeze into clothes too small for her and have her boos popping out hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post

I dont know what to say to him, any advice??? Do I straight out ask for the stuff of what?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    I dont know what to say to him, any advice??? Do I straight out ask for the stuff of what?
    I have no idea, have never used it myself sorry. Maybe say to him you have looked in to the benefits of the drug and want to give it a go, can only ask hey?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    I have no idea, have never used it myself sorry. Maybe say to him you have looked in to the benefits of the drug and want to give it a go, can only ask hey?
    Other people say to lie and say you have a wedding to go to or the sorts. But I just cant ring myself to lie. I was going to say something along the lines "I have started a diet and light exercise, however Im becoming very unmotivated and Im always tierd. I have looked in to duromine (the truth) and read it helps with apitite control and gives you energy. I really feel this will be a great kick start and give me the motivation and put me in a good routine to put me in the right direction" or something.... All the truth... Well at least Iim hoping. Im not losing weight, I know its only been a few days but the scales arent dropping and it truely is dropping any thought of losing weight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just say you need help to control your appetite, you are wanting to lose weight to be healthy for your family

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't take them...I just no, I have my 2 pairs of Size 14's that are doing well and I don't want any more bigger clothes cause I am not going back there again and am piffing mine as I go.

As for duromine...You need to approach it sort of like an anti depressant. It is not an overnight fix and you need to commit to it long term. I tried to do it as a "kick start" last year and it sort of backfired...i lost on the 1 month i took it and then i put it all back on...grumble. I spoke to my GP and am now on it again and our plan is for me to be on it till i get to my goal weight. Once I have got to goal, we have spoken about how to manage me back off it and also how hard the "maintenance" is going to be and how she can support me. I started in November...and we are hoping I will be at goal weight by end of March...so about 5-6 months in total.

It does def help...just make sure you still stay healthy because there are some days I could not eat if i wanted to. When you are coming off it...you have to be really really aware of what you are eating and make sure you manage your food well so that you don't end up going right back where you came from.

Good luck. My GP is great...i told her what i wanted and we chatted and she gave me 1 month script. She now gives me 1 plus a repeat as she wants me in there at least bi monthly to check all my vitals and make sure I am doing OK.

Oh, the first 4-5 days can be a bit intense...I was really jumpy and had moments where my heart was racing etc...but once i settled into it...I have had no side effects at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a horrible time on duromine.. yes whilst you can manage to not even think of food throughout the day or even just one banana could keep me full all day, I was horribly moody.. and jittery.. i had way too much energy and after a few days i couldn't stop vomiting, couldn't even stand and after being taken to the 3rd gp he advised that i go straight to hospital.. so it was a no go for me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Weight loss shakes..

Duromine can make you a little crazy!

Not everyone, but I was on it years ago, I had so much energy, went to the gym, didn't eat much and at first it was great, I lost heaps. Would take it now and again when I got a little rounder again and was all good. Till eventually it must have built up in
    My system and I was becoming short tempered and was always awake.

All I'm saying is be really careful, it's really just legalised speed.

It was awesome for me at the start, amazing, but I put the weight back on

Good luck on it, the above is just my journey on it don't mean to be the sad sack!

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what I read with Duromine it depended alot on what dose you were given. If you get given the 30 or 40 the side effects will be stronger then on the 15. I was told you need at least a bmi of 30 to get it from the doctor.