+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    Thank you
    It was bloody hard! The side effects of having withdrawals from junk food, going from eating so much to so little.
    TMI but when I first started so much "Stuff" came out of me like I was having a detox too
    Head aches were the worst.
    I was a SAHM when I started so if I needed to have a quite day with dd then it was easier to get through, if I was working and did it, I don't know how I would have coped TBH.
    I think I would of just had to take time off for my health until my body ha calmed down.

it was only like that for the first 10-14 days. The first 3 days were by far the most hardest.
    After 14 days I was feeling back to my old self.
    If I had to loose weight again I would have a good Dr help me, my Dr was great and there were times I just didn't know if things were normal, it was great to be able to call him and ask or speak to the nurse at the surgery, I was seeing a naturopath for other issues as well and in the beginning when it was just shakes it felt like my body was screaming for food, My naturopath kept telling me it's just your body getting rid of toxins etc
    It wants all the food you have become addicted to etc.
    I thought I was really just starving so I did have some Mc Donald's on about day 8-9 and it didn't help, I felt so sick it all came back up I felt more horrid after it, stomach cramps.. The works.. It scared me off bad food.
    I'm glad I stuck through it though.
    That's just my experience, I was big and my diet was shocking.
    I would eat cake or chips for breakfast and the rest of the day was no better.. No wonder my body went into such a state of shock.
    I'm not sure how others ever went on the program, I have never really met anyone who has done optifast to be honest.
    It was hard at the beginning, I also had no support as my family and friends just thought it was another diet that would fail a few weeks later.
    My husband didn't support me through it either, it wasn't until after about 8 weeks and he seen I was serious.
    I most likely wont ever forget how he didn't support it as it made the beginning much harder that what it needed to be..
    I think if I had support from others, not just my Dr etc, it would have been easier to get past that horrible stage.

that would have been so tough. I remember sometimes every now and then my own dh will just laugh when i say i want to try a diet etc.. then after a while he comments that my bum looks smaller. lol.

I have tried Tony ferguson but a veryyyy long time ago... I didn't mind Celebrity slim.. Are there many differences between all these different brands of shakes?

this 10 kg's i want to lose is post baby weight. I had ds3 only 4 weeks ago, and wanna get rid of it fast... I can't stand it. I have back problems and have found if i carry excess weight i feel worse.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Weight loss shakes..

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia92 View Post
    Well done that's terrific!!
    How much weight did you lose the first 3 months? With just the shakes?

Has anyone tried the aldi shakes?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub
    I lost 20.2kgs the first 3 months.
    But I was big and had a lot to loose.
    I don't think someone who just needs to loose 20kgs would loose it that quick.
    The less you have to loose the slower it is with these things, I'm finding it hard to explain.. But if your 130kgs and go on a shake diet the loss over a 3 month period is going to be more than that of someone who was 80kgs.
    It most likely would work out to be the same percent of weightloss for the persons original weight.. Sorry if this isn't making any sense.

I remember reading about people who had Gastric bypass done and had lost 50 kilos X amount of months, but they were nearly 200kgs..
    Others had lost less in the same time but they were 150kgs.

At one stage I went on 1 month of Duromine.
    That stuff was... A tad scary lol.
    I had no side effects, I felt fine on it, but I would get to the end of the day and my husband would ask me what I had eaten for the day and I would suddenly remember I had not eaten anything other than breakfast
    It honestly turned off any feeling for food.
    I would not be surprised if someone could live off that stuff for a month not consuming anything at all..
    In a way I wished I had found it when I was at the beginning of my weightloss, not in the middle lol.
    I remember going back to my dr after the month was up and when he weighed me he nearly fainted.
    I had lost soooo much that month, we both agreed it would be best if I didn't have it from then on
    That was the only real diet thing that sped my weight loss up but a little to much for what I was comfortable with.

Thanks
    Reviews

I've tried optifast, tony ferguson, celeb slim and I hated the taste of them all. Tony ferguson was OK with the taste out of them all
    Then about 4 months ago I started on herbalife. I didn't have withdrawals or any sickness, it's a total nutrition program so I do supplements and for weight loss 2 shakes a day, 3.5kgs gone in the first 10 days. My energy was crazy through the roof and I had more time in the day to do what I want without being sleepy. I lost 7kgs just before I fell pregnant, now I'm 5 weeks pg and still been having it every day. I don't have 2 shakes a day, just 1 because now I am utd

I became a distributor not long after I started losing weight on it so now all my friends & family r on it through me and we all love it.

I did lose weight with optifast etc but the thing I love about herbalife is that it's 100% safe natural and anybody can have it. My toddler has a shake every day as its about nutrition, not deprivation.
    Last edited by surprisedmum2be; 10-01-2013 at 16:08.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to surprisedmum2be For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    that would have been so tough. I remember sometimes every now and then my own dh will just laugh when i say i want to try a diet etc.. then after a while he comments that my bum looks smaller. lol.

I have tried Tony ferguson but a veryyyy long time ago... I didn't mind Celebrity slim.. Are there many differences between all these different brands of shakes?

this 10 kg's i want to lose is post baby weight. I had ds3 only 4 weeks ago, and wanna get rid of it fast... I can't stand it. I have back problems and have found if i carry excess weight i feel worse.
    Thank you I also think it was hard for Dh as he met me when I was big, he has always been fit, he does boxing, so he was always the fitter one so to speak, when I met him I wasn't my biggest but I was around 90kgs.
    When I did start loosing weight he didn't think I had the self control, when he see I was loosing it he helped me out, but towards the end it was very weird, he almost went off me was such a horrible experience.
    Towards the end I started questioning who I actually was as a person, sometimes I wouldn't recognize myself, in ways I had changed completely and sometimes I felt loss for the old me.
    My husband had a hard time too dealing with everything, he said it was hard when he was at the shops and he would come to find me and sort forget what I looked like, or when he would see pictures of me he would think "That's not my wife" almost like we were both in determination mode during a huge chunk of my weight loss that we forgot to step back and take in the changes.
    I can't explain it lol, it was a very bizarre time, I had a new self confidence that I think he felt slightly threatened by.
    We actually went to counseling over it all as it was a big change in both of our lives.
    Sorry to ramble

Is the weight around your hips?
    These past months I have wanted to shift that excess 10kgs.
    The last 5 I have just lost was hard! I would loose some and then eat 1 bad thing and put on 2kgs over night.
    It was all in my bum, hips, tummy, thighs!!!
    I have the last 5kgs to loose now.. I'm not looking forward to it, nothing is more frustrating than knowing you have just lost this huge amount of weight but you can't get rid of 5 bloody kilos.
    The last 5 it has taken me from Oct 2012...
    But I'm really trying to get the last bits off, its not excess for me it's just the bits of weight that have been on my body the longest and are more stubborn.
    However I do have loose skin, which was to be expected with how much I lost, and Dh often says that I have lost the last 5 it's just the weight of the loose skin
    I'm a bit bummed that the government helps when you get lap banding with loose skin, but if you do a registered program with your dr they won't help!!
    Hopefully by 2016 I can have some of it removed, it's just a lot of money to save for..

I did do tony ferg a very long time ago, the only thing I didn't like was the sugar compared to others, BUT it is a great well structured program, there is a lot of support with it, and so many have had success.

I think any time you are going on a shake diet you will loose weight quick.
    It's just you HAVE to go into it knowing that you will be changing bad habits, otherwise you will put most back on when you can start eating again.
    You just have to use it as a lifestyle change and not a quick fix.
    I would recommend buying some single sachets of a variety of shakes.
    Try one for breakfast and see which one keeps you fuller for longer.
    Optifast kept me full for longer than others, the other good one was Achievit, however I'm not sure if they make it anymore.. The Aldi ones were very tasty I had them in the past and lost a bit before my wedding but then fell pregnant.
    The way I see it is if the product has more sugar/fat/carbs but keeps you fuller for longer than the product with less sugar/fat/carbs then go with the one that keeps you fuller for longer.
    Different ones work for different people
    And like PP said, with tony you can have the option of soups, you can make muffins ect.
    And that's much more nicer than drinking slosh for ages

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lumi For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by surprisedmum2be View Post
    I've tried optifast, tony ferguson, celeb slim and I hated the taste of them all. Tony ferguson was OK with the taste out of them all
    Then about 4 months ago I started on herbalife. I didn't have withdrawals or any sickness, it's a total nutrition program so I do supplements and for weight loss 2 shakes a day, 3.5kgs gone in the first 10 days. My energy was crazy through the roof and I had more time in the day to do what I want without being sleepy. I lost 7kgs just before I fell pregnant, now I'm 5 weeks pg and still been having it every day. I don't have 2 shakes a day, just 1 because now I am utd

I became a distributor not long after I started losing weight on it so now all my friends & family r on it through me and we all love it.

I did lose weight with optifast etc but the thing I love about herbalife is that it's 100% safe natural and anybody can have it. My toddler has a shake every day as its about nutrition, not deprivation.
    I've never heard of it!
    I'm more towards maintaining my weight now apart from 5kgs, but I have been on the hunt for something I can have "Extra" in my diet, especially on the days I'm going to exercise more but didn't have time to cook or eat a big lunch.
    I was going to start buying more shakes again for those times when I needed something extra but had no time.
    I'm going to check this one out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you I also think it was hard for Dh as he met me when I was big, he has always been fit, he does boxing, so he was always the fitter one so to speak, when I met him I wasn't my biggest but I was around 90kgs.
    When I did start loosing weight he didn't think I had the self control, when he see I was loosing it he helped me out, but towards the end it was very weird, he almost went off me was such a horrible experience.
    Towards the end I started questioning who I actually was as a person, sometimes I wouldn't recognize myself, in ways I had changed completely and sometimes I felt loss for the old me.
    My husband had a hard time too dealing with everything, he said it was hard when he was at the shops and he would come to find me and sort forget what I looked like, or when he would see pictures of me he would think "That's not my wife" almost like we were both in determination mode during a huge chunk of my weight loss that we forgot to step back and take in the changes.
    I can't explain it lol, it was a very bizarre time, I had a new self confidence that I think he felt slightly threatened by.
    We actually went to counseling over it all as it was a big change in both of our lives.
    Sorry to ramble

Is the weight around your hips?
    These past months I have wanted to shift that excess 10kgs.
    The last 5 I have just lost was hard! I would loose some and then eat 1 bad thing and put on 2kgs over night.
    It was all in my bum, hips, tummy, thighs!!!
    I have the last 5kgs to loose now.. I'm not looking forward to it, nothing is more frustrating than knowing you have just lost this huge amount of weight but you can't get rid of 5 bloody kilos.
    The last 5 it has taken me from Oct 2012...
    But I'm really trying to get the last bits off, its not excess for me it's just the bits of weight that have been on my body the longest and are more stubborn.
    However I do have loose skin, which was to be expected with how much I lost, and Dh often says that I have lost the last 5 it's just the weight of the loose skin
    I'm a bit bummed that the government helps when you get lap banding with loose skin, but if you do a registered program with your dr they won't help!!
    Hopefully by 2016 I can have some of it removed, it's just a lot of money to save for..

I did do tony ferg a very long time ago, the only thing I didn't like was the sugar compared to others, BUT it is a great well structured program, there is a lot of support with it, and so many have had success.

I think any time you are going on a shake diet you will loose weight quick.
    It's just you HAVE to go into it knowing that you will be changing bad habits, otherwise you will put most back on when you can start eating again.
    You just have to use it as a lifestyle change and not a quick fix.
    I would recommend buying some single sachets of a variety of shakes.
    Try one for breakfast and see which one keeps you fuller for longer.
    Optifast kept me full for longer than others, the other good one was Achievit, however I'm not sure if they make it anymore.. The Aldi ones were very tasty I had them in the past and lost a bit before my wedding but then fell pregnant.
    The way I see it is if the product has more sugar/fat/carbs but keeps you fuller for longer than the product with less sugar/fat/carbs then go with the one that keeps you fuller for longer.
    Different ones work for different people
    And like PP said, with tony you can have the option of soups, you can make muffins ect.
    And that's much more nicer than drinking slosh for ages

Good to hear you and your dh worked thru it in the end! My dh is adament he doesn't want me to lose weight. I was very very thin when we first started dating, 48kg's, 176cm tall, and 11 years and 3 kids later i am 78 (which is not a bad thing, but i'm used to being more slender i guess.. ) I had gone down to 66-68 (would hover between this) and kept it at that weight range and originally had been 72/73 and yes I understand how hard it is to lose that dreaded last 5kg's, I finally finally did it then fell pregnant with our 3rd unexpectedly. lol. I went back up to 84-86 and have come back down to 78kg's 4 weeks after birth. I think it's cos i'd finally gotten to my goal weight of 66-68 and really want to get back to it! but yes, around my tummy, waist, thighs and bum !! Dh always says he prefers me more curvy but try as I might, I just dislike it. Not sure if it's because since I had ds i have had a few stupid comments about my post baby tummy (of course everyone gets one!!) within 2 days of giving birth, with comments such as ''omg, look how big your stomach is!/why is your stomach so big?/are you having another baby?"".. grrrr.

I found these comments weird actually because my stomach is quite flat really.. , certainly much smaller than after having the first two ceaserians then this baby was a natural birth. On the other end of the scale i have had people say ''wow, can't believe you just had a baby''.. but I think the negative/rude comments have really knocked my confidence sadly enough and I just want to be thinner again quickly, even tho i fit into my pre pregnancy clothes.

I was once given duromine, OMGGG, never again!! I had been on day 4 of taking it and suddenly couldn't stop vomiting and ended up in hospital. certainly lost 6 kg's within a few days.. but seriously, thought i was going to die from vomiting so much. no matter what the dr's gave me, even zofran couldn't stop me from vomiting. they found it very bizarre because they said zofran is almost guaranteed to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im thinking of starting on herbalife as a friend is a distributer she also does weight loss chalenges and will be doing that as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lumi View Post
    optifast program
    i was 128kgs
    now i'm 65kgs.

Took a long time, but it was easy to stick too, my dr helped me and most drs know a lot about the optifast so he was happy to do weekly appointments with me to help me through.

I had tried and failed on all other shake diets but this one.
    I was suppose to have lap banding but my gp wanted me to try optifast first

good luck!

Here are some of my weight loss pictures, i did optifast for 8 months then started following healthy eating once i had broken "habbits"
    Attachment 30005
    ^ the first photo was just after i started loosing weight. The second photo is of me now.

Attachment 30006
    ^ the first photo was after a few months on the diet (no i wasn't pregnant )
    the second photo was me after i had finished optifast and went onto healthy eating.
    My hair was brown for a while, that is me in all the pictures

holly crap, that's amazing. Good on you!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Weight loss shakes..

Oh my goodness ! That is amazing. Hw many mnths dd it take you and also what are the prices of the shakes.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Sorry to ramble

I just wanted to say that this is very common thing when one person in couple lose a large amount of weight. So much so that it was part of the pre-counselling program for weight loss surgery. I am glad you work it out.
    Congrats on your loss, your a much stronger person than me.