+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Weight loss shakes..

Hi guys I would like to join...soon. I can't just yet as I am going through a missed miscarriage and having a d&c today

I have put on a combination of pregnancy weight and comfort eating because of the stress of losing the baby (I have known for nearly 3 weeks the pregnancy is not viable).

I lost 12 kilos about six years ago doing TF so I will more than likely do that again, I had pretty much kept it off bar having my son in 2010 and putting on/losing that weight. I uses the shakes a little after his pregnancy as well but mainly just for breakfast.

I am not sure how much I weigh but I know it's bad as I can't fit into any of my pants I hope to join you next week with a starting weight & shakes bought. My DH isn't keen on the shakes, he says with good eating and exercise I will lose it and the thing is I do know exactly how to lose it and know a fair amount about nutrition, I just have terrible willpower unless I have something to stick to. So the shakes will hopefully be the kick start that I need.

Thanks
    Reviews

Lol I definitely would've thought fibre would have the opposite reaction rather than bind me up. Thanks for the tips, and nope I'm making them with water

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pearl Barley For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Weight loss shakes..

Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post
    Hi guys I would like to join...soon. I can't just yet as I am going through a missed miscarriage and having a d&c today

I have put on a combination of pregnancy weight and comfort eating because of the stress of losing the baby (I have known for nearly 3 weeks the pregnancy is not viable).

I lost 12 kilos about six years ago doing TF so I will more than likely do that again, I had pretty much kept it off bar having my son in 2010 and putting on/losing that weight. I uses the shakes a little after his pregnancy as well but mainly just for breakfast.

I am not sure how much I weigh but I know it's bad as I can't fit into any of my pants I hope to join you next week with a starting weight & shakes bought. My DH isn't keen on the shakes, he says with good eating and exercise I will lose it and the thing is I do know exactly how to lose it and know a fair amount about nutrition, I just have terrible willpower unless I have something to stick to. So the shakes will hopefully be the kick start that I need.
    Big hugs hun!!
    You can join us :-) you'll get all the advice and support you need here, all us ladies are just lovely!!
    I'm the same. I know I should eat healthy and exercise but I just can't stick to it. At least with the shakes I know exactly what I'm having, when and I don't have to prepare anything.
    I have 2 shakes a day plus dinner. Dinner stuffs me around a bit cause I'm so use to pastas and rissottos, lots of carbs.
    So I'm trying to stick with vegies and lean meat but it is hard work!!
    Good luck darl x

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

oh hun i'm so sorry to hear of your miscarriage.

I too find it hard to stick to something. i can be good for days and then bam... i fall off the bandwagon.

this is a great thread, plenty of support going around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Colbie!
    I am sorry for your loss. Also had D&C last week and trying to get rid of the pregnancy weight and comfort eating afterwards. It is nice when you don't have to explain to people why you don't fit into your clothes. I hope everything goes well and you're not left in limbo land for long.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CocktailBubba View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread yet but I would highly recommend the app 'my fitness pal'. It's a calorie and weight tracker and is super easy to use. If I ever feel like snacking on something between my shakes I put it into the all first to get an idea of how many calories it will be.

For example I was craving a Lindt chocolate ball.. Then I saw that one ball was about 80 calories and I put that shizz away O_O
    I was using My Fitness Pal before Christmas and also Map my Walk. I lost 6 kilos in about a month with exercising and eating only 1200 calories a day. So much hard work though. And then put it all back over Christmas and New Years.

This morning I was 85.5, so down 2.8 kg since I started on Monday. My main meal at night is still pretty big because I love food, but its only protein, so my body should be in ketosis if I still like this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    Really dont know why I bother with this diet at all Just sat down and ate some Krakowurst and water crackers. Not going to lose weight this way
    me too. I just had two pieces of toast for breakfast instead of my usual shake. If only dh was on a diet... it would be so much easier. far out. .lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hugs, sorry to hear about your mc. I cant even imagine how tough that would be.

Pp (sorry dont remember who said it)... My df is doing it too in preparation for gastric sleeving and it makes it soooo much easier!

Day 3 today. Feeling good! Decided against giving up coffee, having one a day on skim and 3 shakes. Went for a 20 minute walk last night. Down 2.3kgs this morning.. Woohoo

Starting weight: 92.5kg
    Day3: 90.2

Nearly below 90kg which i havent been since falling pregnant with ds3 over 19months ago! That will be a big milestone. My tummy definitely feels a little flatter

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mmy2b For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mmy2b View Post
    Hugs, sorry to hear about your mc. I cant even imagine how tough that would be.

Pp (sorry dont remember who said it)... My df is doing it too in preparation for gastric sleeving and it makes it soooo much easier!

Day 3 today. Feeling good! Decided against giving up coffee, having one a day on skim and 3 shakes. Went for a 20 minute walk last night. Down 2.3kgs this morning.. Woohoo

Starting weight: 92.5kg
    Day3: 90.2

Nearly below 90kg which i havent been since falling pregnant with ds3 over 19months ago! That will be a big milestone. My tummy definitely feels a little flatter
    yay, that's great!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    I couldn't wait so i jumped on the scales this morning....1kg lost in 2 days!! Yay, considering I was already doing shakes and had been stuck for 2 weeks on the same weight...I am thrilled!! Yay for some support and getting serious about it.

I am now at pre pregnancy weight which is cool...but, the IVF weight must go.

I even got all motivated and unpacked my old clothes (i packed away when I was about 10 weeks preggy) and found a few cute outfits I can wear now...and very excitedly...all my old tops (I am very much a t shirt and jeans girl), I had forgot I had soooo many cute tshirts lol So, motivation is at an all time high!

I have my "dream outfit" laid out too that I should be able to wear in about 10 kg's time...it is still jeans and a t...but my Just Jeans Size 12 Jeans and my "digital angel" t shirt (yes, DH and I are both geeks lol) which I LOVE and also DH loved me in...might have to surprise him with it and wear it at easter (my goal).

Thanks again for everyone who is in this thread!! Inspiring, informative and supportive and friendly...is just what i need
    Well done!