+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tormy View Post
    Yeap. It's a vicious cycle sometimes - eating cos I'm upset about how long ttc is taking, but then being overweight isn't helping us get UTD so I eat more ? So doesn't work !
    I hate the emotional ties with eating too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeap. It's a vicious cycle sometimes - eating cos I'm upset about how long ttc is taking, but then being overweight isn't helping us get UTD so I eat more ? So doesn't work !

hugs tormy...i gained most of my weight ttc and ivf...ttc sucks the big one when it takes ages.

hang in there and i "heard" every 5 kgs or so can really help so hang out with us and hopefully you can announce a bfp while we are all shedding some extra.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have recently (only been home a week now) spent 5 weeks in hospital for depression and I gained 8 kilos in this time. Puts me heavier than I was after birth of baby 4.5 months ago

Thanks
    Reviews
    *hugs* hope your feeling better now!!
    Thankyou

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had gained 17 kg's whilst ttc our dd a few years ago. it took 2.5 years and I ended up with the shingles twice in a couple of months, I was so stressed and was battling depression as well... It's hard to not comfort eat.

On the other hand today - well hasn't been the greatest of eating days. had my shake this morning and had a silverside and salad breadroll for lunch. in the last hour i have had a choc chip mini cake and 3 farrero rochers. blardy things taste so damn good.

I gotta admit, its great to see the support on this thread. I honestly thought it was just me that fell off the bandwagon with the shakes diet.. good work ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    I had gained 17 kg's whilst ttc our dd a few years ago. it took 2.5 years and I ended up with the shingles twice in a couple of months, I was so stressed and was battling depression as well... It's hard to not comfort eat.

On the other hand today - well hasn't been the greatest of eating days. had my shake this morning and had a silverside and salad breadroll for lunch. in the last hour i have had a choc chip mini cake and 3 farrero rochers. blardy things taste so damn good.

I gotta admit, its great to see the support on this thread. I honestly thought it was just me that fell off the bandwagon with the shakes diet.. good work ladies
    Don't give in and think cos you had a few bad things you may as well blow the whole day. Leave it there and move on, be good for the rest of the evening if you can!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally agree. Plus I think we sometimes need a lil bit of 'naughty' food so we don't end up binge eating
    Yep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    Don't give in and think cos you had a few bad things you may as well blow the whole day. Leave it there and move on, be good for the rest of the evening if you can!
    Will definately be good for the rest of the evening!
    I have found that if i wait til im really hungry i eat way more. so what i do is eat when im not really that hungry - this is for dinner mind you.., so im more reasonable with my portions. helps heaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    Will definately be good for the rest of the evening!
    I have found that if i wait til im really hungry i eat way more. so what i do is eat when im not really that hungry - this is for dinner mind you.., so im more reasonable with my portions. helps heaps.
    You shouldn't go any longer than I think 4 hours could actually be less, without eating something..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    You shouldn't go any longer than I think 4 hours could actually be less, without eating something..
    really?! why would that be? is it dangerous? just asking as i can go for hours on end without eating some days.