+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It def does get easier Hang in there and try and snack on fresh cut veges...they are my saviour! And on a day i am struggling, I make sure the kids are having steak for dinner (cause they eat nice and early) and I have a few small pieces of lean steak...gives me a ncie protein boost without blowing my day.

The kids had steak tonight lol and I feel much better after some red meat, capsicum sticks, lettuce and celery.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

rlpreston  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used Optislim - and lost about 13 kilos last year. Mostly I only had it for breakfast, mixed with skim milk. I found I could usually get through till lunch time without feeling hungry as long as I kept a bottle of water handy.

Sometimes I'd have Optislim for lunch as well, but mostly lunch was 4 vita-wheat biscuits with a slice of low fat cheese and a small tin of tuna followed by a tub of no fat yoghurt. Mid afternoon I would have a handful of almonds and an apple or a banana. Dinner was our usual meal - vege and chicken or pasta or risotto etc. Then I only let myself have water for the rest of the night.

This was basically my diet for 5 months, however I did allow myself the occasional treat, if we went out for a meal I would order what I felt like or if at a friends house or my mums for lunch I'd have what ever was offered, but I would take smaller helpings.

Exercise was the hardest part for me - I have 3 girls, one in a wheelchair who needs everything done for her, so finding time for myself was hard. Some days I would walk round the outside of the house up the back yard and round the clothesline - the kids could still be doing there thing around the house and I could get in some exercise, the neighbours probably thought I looked a bit strange going round and round!!!. Evenings I would use DD3's plastic step that she uses to access the bathroom sink and kitchen bench, and I'd just do step ups for 30 minutes in front of the TV. Weekends when DH was around I would head off mid afternoon for a walk on my own (LOVELY!!!). Forcing myself to exercise was the hardest part, but once I started I found it a bit addictive!

I weighed about 75 kilos when I started, was a size 14. Now I'm 62 kilos and I feel much more comfortable, when I sit down I don't have a roll above my tummy, it was starting to get uncomfortable. The best bit is I'm now a size 10!!! Very pleased with myself as I haven't been this size since I fell pregnant with DD1.

My advice would be stick to the water - I found that having my water bottle on hand at all times really helped. Also finding a way to exercise doesn't have to involve going to the gym or leaving the house. Goodluck!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpottySocks For This Useful Post:

rlpreston  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmy2b View Post
    Help! Im only on day 1 and realllyyyy struggling! Please tell me it gets easier? I have the shakes, a headache and feel nauseas.... Arghhhhh
    Try a handful of nuts if you have the shakes and take some panadol for the head

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im such an idiot lol Completely forgot already that I was on this diet and bought a bottle of Mother. I started drinking and was like "Oh *beep*" but then thought I shouldnt waste it so drank it haha Im about to go try it with some milk now. Its late arvo but have been at the park with the kids so havent had the chance to get any yet. Im feeling a bit annoyed actually because I cant even exercise yet as my groin muscle is playing up AGAIN, making it extremely hard jsut to walk. ggrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    Im such an idiot lol Completely forgot already that I was on this diet and bought a bottle of Mother. I started drinking and was like "Oh *beep*" but then thought I shouldnt waste it so drank it haha Im about to go try it with some milk now. Its late arvo but have been at the park with the kids so havent had the chance to get any yet. Im feeling a bit annoyed actually because I cant even exercise yet as my groin muscle is playing up AGAIN, making it extremely hard jsut to walk. ggrr
    lol i did the same thing but with a can of red bull. so hard to resist. doesn't give me wings but i love the taste.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol Yeah I dont know why I bother drinking energy drinks, they never give me any energy.
    Well I just had it with milk and it didnt taste all that bad. Tonight I will add some fruit to it. should thicken it up and fill me up a bit.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleigh For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Glad they tasted better!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Weight loss shakes..

Oh I should try my optislim with some milk!
    Is slim milk good for you? I thought there was more sugar in it than normal milk. I think almond milk is meant to be good also :-)
    I brought some of the optislim choc fudge bars and omg so good and filling! More filling than the shakes! There expensive though, I only got them cause they were on special.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia92 View Post
    Oh I should try my optislim with some milk!
    Is slim milk good for you? I thought there was more sugar in it than normal milk. I think almond milk is meant to be good also :-)
    I brought some of the optislim choc fudge bars and omg so good and filling! More filling than the shakes! There expensive though, I only got them cause they were on special.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub
    Sorry, I wouldnt have a clue lol

Just popping in to say I managed a hole 5 minutes on my cross trainer. Lol it doesnt sound like much I know, but even at its lowest setting its bloody hard. Cheap piece of poo haha But I worked up a sweat even right under the air con and my legs are burning, so im sure it did some good.

I cooked a lovely roast dinner tonight for the family and sat there and watch them eat with hungry eyes haha I grabbed a piece of cauliflour and ate that so the kids didnt freak out with all the staring!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    Sorry, I wouldnt have a clue lol

Just popping in to say I managed a hole 5 minutes on my cross trainer. Lol it doesnt sound like much I know, but even at its lowest setting its bloody hard. Cheap piece of poo haha But I worked up a sweat even right under the air con and my legs are burning, so im sure it did some good.

I cooked a lovely roast dinner tonight for the family and sat there and watch them eat with hungry eyes haha I grabbed a piece of cauliflour and ate that so the kids didnt freak out with all the staring!
    hehe. we had a big family bbq. i dug in of course. lol. oh well, i enjoyed it but it was too tempting not to. Steak, sausages, salad, stir fried veggies, marinated chicken legs, fried rice, salad, chicken breast & breadrolls.