+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 79me View Post
    All you ladies have given me the incentive I need to lose the weight that I need to. Last night I went searching through my pantry and found a box of Vanilla Optifast, and DH has a tub of High Protein Low Carb powder that he has barely used.
    This morning I was 88.3kg . First Optifast shake was for breakfast and I don't feel hungry at all.
    Hopefully my will-power (I mean won't-power) is strong enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    Do people think its worth going to the doctor to get help? If so, what do you ask and expect to recieve?
    I don't think it can hurt as long as the dr is supportive of doing shakes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. Its a real big deal for me lol I am buying some shakes to start tomorrow and it jsut really gave me huge motivation. The hungry side of things wont make a difference because Im hungry all day but dont eat, bad thing I know but at least buy having shakes it will give my body what it needs. I want to start exercising too, we have a cheapo cross trainer so I will give that a go. Im really not sure what shakes to go wtih though...Im trying to find a chart with everything cross referenced to make it easier to chose...
    Good luck with whatever you decide to try!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do people think its worth going to the doctor to get help? If so, what do you ask and expect to recieve?
    Optifast suggest seeing a doctor. There is a list of doctors on their website that actively support and are knowledgeable about the optifast program. I'm not seeing my Dr this time round but last time it was my doctor who suggested I do the program. There are also dieticians and naturopath's that are aware and are helpful with the program. Maybe check whatever shake you go with's website to see what they recommend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Thank you. Its a real big deal for me lol I am buying some shakes to start tomorrow and it jsut really gave me huge motivation. The hungry side of things wont make a difference because Im hungry all day but dont eat, bad thing I know but at least buy having shakes it will give my body what it needs. I want to start exercising too, we have a cheapo cross trainer so I will give that a go. Im really not sure what shakes to go wtih though...Im trying to find a chart with everything cross referenced to make it easier to chose...
    I found this chart when i was having a look at shakes myself.
    Per Single Serve, Makes 1 x 200mL Shake
    Brand Protein
    (g)
    Sugars
    (g)
    Sugars
    (%)
    Fat
    (g)
    Energy
    (Cal)
    Energy Slim 29.0 2.6 7.5% 1.75 139
    Tony Ferguson 15.0 25.5 48% 2.0 203
    Biggest Loser 20.3 22.5 41% 2.4 208
    Celebrity Slim 18.7 24.8 45% 2.5 210
    Optifast 14.0 18.0 45% 3.0 160
    Proform 14.6 19.3 32% 1.9 231
    Average Soft Drink 0.15 18.7 15.0% 0.07 80
    Average Fruit Juice 0.85 19.8 11.7% 0.20 96

Not sure if it helps? Also speaking to different companies you might be able to get samples of one each to try? I spoke to someone on the tony ferguson site before and she is sending me 2 free sachets to try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So energy slim seems the best in high protien an low sugar... Thank you for posting that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    I might grab a box of them today and see how they are. I would prefer to invest (and it is only really $10 extra per week) and make this last 15 bugger off!

I see my doctor every 2nd month and she is very supportive and helps keep me motivated.

I am really self conscious about losing weight...no one even notices anyway so i guess i still just look big. I want it done but i don't want anyone to know I am using shakes (other than DH...and I don't think he really gets it tbh) because i feel judged.

Even posting in here I found really hard! But, I have done it now so i will try and report in regularly and keep myself honest lol
    I think it's great that you posted here! I am loving this thread, everyone is so supportive and can answer each other's questions.

I don't tell anyone im doing the shakes.. dh just thinks it's funny and says i won't last.. - ok so i have been on and off them, so i get where he's coming from, but it still annoys me! I still feel big too. i hate my thighs... ooh they kill me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    People can be very negative when you tell them about shakes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know Hokey Pokey! great for making someone feel even more motivated... not.

Meh. I usually hang up a couple of pieces of clothes that i want to fit into and work towards that. it's so rewarding when it finally fits.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just been to the chemist and spoke with two girls, they both highly recommended Isowhey Complete. So I went with that. One girl lost 30 kilos (she looks great) and another has lost 20. So Im happy with this and tomorrow I will see how it tastes.

Hokey Pokey. Im soo glad my mum is on these things because I know how she would react once I started. At least with her on them too she cant bag me out for being on them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleigh For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (22-01-2013)