+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I might join in here too...i need a boost!

So far, i have lost 30kg's using shakes...i buy which ever ones are on sale or look good but after reading here I might try and find some opti fast.

I am at a bit of a plateau at the moment...stuck on 85kg! I am going to cut back and be super super strict for a few weeks and see if i can get going again.

My goal atm is 70kg, so 15 to go. I am finding motivation a bit of an issue (the plateau not helping my mindset). Fingers crossed sharing the journey with you guys helps me push through

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rlpreston View Post
    They are quite thick, you can add a little extra water/less water to how you like.

Vanilla is my least favourite flavour so wait until you taste some of the others hehe
    oooh can't wait now to try the others! they are definately much more tastier than CS... and have a nice consistancy.

Riversong, that's awesome losing the 30kgs!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are optifast and optislim the same??

I have not bought any chemist ones...usually go celebrity slim or coles simply less or aldi.

Thanks Minchi It has been a long slog...been going for over 12 months so far. I seem to lose 10kg and then have a month or so with no loss (but most important, no gain) and then get motivated and pick up the pace again. I sooo want to be 70kg by Easter!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All you ladies have given me the incentive I need to lose the weight that I need to. Last night I went searching through my pantry and found a box of Vanilla Optifast, and DH has a tub of High Protein Low Carb powder that he has barely used.
    This morning I was 88.3kg . First Optifast shake was for breakfast and I don't feel hungry at all.
    Hopefully my will-power (I mean won't-power) is strong enough

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Weight loss shakes..

Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    Are optifast and optislim the same??

I have not bought any chemist ones...usually go celebrity slim or coles simply less or aldi.

Thanks Minchi It has been a long slog...been going for over 12 months so far. I seem to lose 10kg and then have a month or so with no loss (but most important, no gain) and then get motivated and pick up the pace again. I sooo want to be 70kg by Easter!!

Congratulations on your success so far! I am like you and find that my willpower fades as the weight loss slows down. I feel far more confident this time though

To answer your question, optifast are the ones recommended by doctors (for eg for per-surgery weight loss). Optislim are similar I think but Optifast are supposedly the best nutritional balance of the lot. Optifast are more expensive but I have had so much success with optifast (between DD1 and DD2) that I am willing to spend the money.

Quote Originally Posted by 79me View Post
    All you ladies have given me the incentive I need to lose the weight that I need to. Last night I went searching through my pantry and found a box of Vanilla Optifast, and DH has a tub of High Protein Low Carb powder that he has barely used.
    This morning I was 88.3kg . First Optifast shake was for breakfast and I don't feel hungry at all.
    Hopefully my will-power (I mean won't-power) is strong enough

Hi

It is great to see so many of us starting out on such a positive journey! I am really feeling good on Optifast (2nd week) and have only had 2 slip ups :/ but not feeling too bad about that. A few extra minutes on the treadmill kill that guilt for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    I might grab a box of them today and see how they are. I would prefer to invest (and it is only really $10 extra per week) and make this last 15 bugger off!

I see my doctor every 2nd month and she is very supportive and helps keep me motivated.

I am really self conscious about losing weight...no one even notices anyway so i guess i still just look big. I want it done but i don't want anyone to know I am using shakes (other than DH...and I don't think he really gets it tbh) because i feel judged.

Even posting in here I found really hard! But, I have done it now so i will try and report in regularly and keep myself honest lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow. I went in to weigh myself this morning. I had drinkin a coffee and a huge can of Mother (lol) but somehow I still managed to weigh only 90kilos. Thats freakin awesome. Last time I weighed myself (somewhere around before xmas) I was like 99kgs. Good start to my weight loss and I havent even been trying! That is a huge boost of motivation right there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleigh For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    Wow. I went in to weigh myself this morning. I had drinkin a coffee and a huge can of Mother (lol) but somehow I still managed to weigh only 90kilos. Thats freakin awesome. Last time I weighed myself (somewhere around before xmas) I was like 99kgs. Good start to my weight loss and I havent even been trying! That is a huge boost of motivation right there.
    Well done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    Well done
    Thank you. Its a real big deal for me lol I am buying some shakes to start tomorrow and it jsut really gave me huge motivation. The hungry side of things wont make a difference because Im hungry all day but dont eat, bad thing I know but at least buy having shakes it will give my body what it needs. I want to start exercising too, we have a cheapo cross trainer so I will give that a go. Im really not sure what shakes to go wtih though...Im trying to find a chart with everything cross referenced to make it easier to chose...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleigh For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do people think its worth going to the doctor to get help? If so, what do you ask and expect to recieve?