+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Weight loss shakes..

You can have 2 cups of non starchy veggies at dinner time during intensive I think? I have to find this out because I'm starting the program again today and I forget it's been so long!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Weight loss shakes..

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2013 View Post
    You can have 2 cups of non starchy veggies at dinner time during intensive I think? I have to find this out because I'm starting the program again today and I forget it's been so long!

That's right, they have a list of approved veggies and ones to avoid

The next stages add fruit and dairy as well. I think it is a great program as a whole being that it steps down that way, not just 'cut out a meal/add a shake' iykwim.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rlpreston For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (21-01-2013),GlitterFarts  (21-01-2013),Hokey Pokey  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Have just found this thread, will go through the replies now

I am doing Celebrity Slim

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Yes optifast is works better and is the dr's prefer but silm is cheaper.
    How much is optifast and do you know why it is better?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    My friend works at pharmacy and she does the terry white version shakes lost 20 kilos, works her butt off and eats salad in prep for a wedding.

She did tony ferg before but said was yuck
    I have done TF before, it wasn't too bad. I have also done The Biggest Loser they were ok aswell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    Optifast program
    I was 128kgs
    Now I'm 65kgs.

Took a long time, but it was easy to stick too, my dr helped me and most drs know a lot about the optifast so he was happy to do weekly appointments with me to help me through.

I had tried and failed on all other shake diets but this one.
    I was suppose to have Lap Banding but my GP wanted me to try optifast first

Good luck!

Here are some of my weight loss pictures, I did optifast for 8 months then started following healthy eating once I had broken "Habbits"
    Attachment 30005
    ^ the first photo was just after I started loosing weight. The second photo is of me now.

Attachment 30006
    ^ the first photo was after a few months on the diet (no I wasn't pregnant )
    The second photo was me after I had finished optifast and went onto healthy eating.
    My hair was brown for a while, that is me in all the pictures
    Wow that is inspirational!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Here Kitty View Post
    Just wanted to add that on the success aspect I found that I lost weight quicker by just tracking calories and sticking to 1400 cals a day without the shakes
    What would a typical days eating be for you on 1400 calories?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Weight loss shakes..

Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    How much is optifast and do you know why it is better?
    I think optifast is the one docs recommend because it has the most nutrition and best carb/protein ratio (meaning it keeps you fuller for longer). This was what my doc told me but that was about 3 years ago so may have changed.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to butterfly2013 For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    I went by what my dr and dietitian told me.
    So first 3 months were just 3-4 shakes a day and 2L of fluids, pretty much water but I was allowed diet drinks like coke zero etc but only 1 can a day, it was hard
    20 minuets only for exercise, when you restrict calories like that you don't want to exercise to much, you will just make your body go into a state of shock once it can't pull enough energy because you have restricted what you have eaten.

After the first 3 months, I started having 3 shakes and 1 meal (my meal was something like a serve of protein and green veg or a green salad with chicken) my exercise went up when I starting having food again, this went on until by BMI got to a certain level, once I hit that milestone it changed to 2 shakes a day, 2 small meals , each time I hit a certain amount of weightloss I was able to switch a shake for a healthy portion sized meal, but I had to up my exercise whilst I did this.
    I was always allowed 2 small snacks during every phase expect the shake only phase.

The kind of mindset behind it is to reset your mind about food, I had the shake only diet for 3 months as they say it takes 3 months for your brain to stop craving bad foods and for your body to get use to new habits.
    After that I was slowly introduced on how to eat healthy and exercise

So at the beginning, for me it was just shakes... Not very fun.

In the middle
    Less shakes and the ones lost replaced with healthy meals.

End, keeping this current weight
    All healthy meals, 1 treat day a week and a firm exercise program.

They say its 80% diet and 20% exercise to loose weight.
    As in if you change your diet you will see more results then just keeping your current diet and exercising.

The BIGGEST thing was to not over exercise in the beginning, I would have burned my body out from the low calories and would have physically needed to bindge.
    If some days I felt I didn't have the energy to exercise I was told not to, but all I could do was 20 mins of light walking really.
    As more meals came in I had to up my exercise so I didn't rebound.
    In the end I'm left with a mind that is set with having a balance of healthy eating and exercise.

So in a way the program changed my thinking about food and exercise over the course of 8-12 months whilst I was loosing weight.

I did the optifast through my dr and dietitian so I'm not 100% sure on how optifast say to do it.

There have been bad weeks, but I'm able to pull my self out of it all unlike before

People say shake diets just make you put on weight when you get off them, which is true if you abuse the programs and don't follow the rule of when you start eating more you exercise more, and you need to make a change to have healthy food.

I didn't just rely on Optifast either.
    There is some great things on the Internet to read to start understanding how your body burns calories (every one burns them at a different rate)
    You can find out why some foods are better than others.
    I always avoid sugar, I don't give a crap about fat in foods (I'm not talking about Mackas or KFC fat loI I'm talking full fat yoghurt, Full fat Milk, Fish, nuts etc ) you use that fat, your body burns fats, sugar just burns up energy to quick, your body stores it for to long and after the little "Sugar High" your body and metabolism runs slower, you get that crash effect.
    So I have never bought low fat yoghurt or milk etc as its just full of sugar instead.
    My dietitian told me that one, but there are many things like it to read up on if you look on the net.

I suppose it's just about getting educated and working out your happy medium.
    I have tried certain things and found my body didn't agree with it and I put on weight, tried other things and I lost to much for when I was wanting to keep stable.
    Different things work for different people.
    It's a big change but getting educated on the little things can make a big difference, being aware of how your own body works is always going to be helpful as well.
    Thankyou so much for taking the time to write all this for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2013 View Post
    I think optifast is the one docs recommend because it has the most nutrition and best carb/protein ratio (meaning it keeps you fuller for longer). This was what my doc told me but that was about 3 years ago so may have changed.

Do you know what the amounts should be?