+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Weight loss shakes..

Oh id like to join in too please? im starting the aldi shakes tuesday with df who is starting optifast in prep for the sleeve in two weeks. Im doing aldi purely for the cost

Not sure how many calories i should be having as i got some pre mix ones that are only 100 cals...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

So I'm on day 5 of opti slim and have done pretty well I think. I've been sticking to te 3 shakes per day except for 2 days where I only had 2 shakes because I ended up eating a handful of crackers instead. I haven't had trouble with being hungry but I find that I just want to eat certain things because I know how good they taste lol. Although today is the first time I've done tough exercise and I was pretty hungry afterwards! Filled myself up with a shake and water and may have a banana later if I need to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia92 View Post
    Ooh I wanna get some! I need something between shakes.Haven't tried them but they sound yummy!Let me know if you do get them :-) Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub
    Hi! So I just had one of the bars and oh my goodness! I am soooo full! More full than the shakes have ever made me, maybe just because I'm used to small drinks now. They don't taste like normal chocolate bars as they're very thick but its nice to chew something for a change they are a bit funny tasting but you quickly get used to it and I thought it was yummy! Definatley get it on special though because $17.99 is a bit rich

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by babylady View Post
    Hi! So I just had one of the bars and oh my goodness! I am soooo full! More full than the shakes have ever made me, maybe just because I'm used to small drinks now. They don't taste like normal chocolate bars as they're very thick but its nice to chew something for a change they are a bit funny tasting but you quickly get used to it and I thought it was yummy! Definatley get it on special though because $17.99 is a bit rich
    I agree with all of this. I am using optifast but they have bars (berri crunch and a chocolate 'fudge') and they are very dense, they fill me up instantly!

I describe the taste as a mixture between malt and the taste of a vitamin pill hehe

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rlpreston For This Useful Post:

babylady  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone thought i'd throw this question in: what's the difference between the optifast vlcd shakes and the optifast milkshake vlcd shakes? in my rush today at the chemist i saw them on the shelf and didn't really have much time to check the boxes out properly..

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Weight loss shakes..

Quote Originally Posted by babylady View Post
    I think I'll get some so I'll let you know!
    How long have you been doing optislim for?
    Nearly a week now but I've been bad this weekend :-( had a couple of cocktails yesterday :O oops!
    But I'm only doing 2 shakes a day. One for breaky and one for lunch. I think 3 would be too much for me and I'd end up having a big binge lol so for dinner il have a salad and some fish or vege and some sort of lean meat. I'm 1kg down not too bad considering.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    hi everyone thought i'd throw this question in: what's the difference between the optifast vlcd shakes and the optifast milkshake vlcd shakes? in my rush today at the chemist i saw them on the shelf and didn't really have much time to check the boxes out properly..
    Nothing at all they have had a slight flavour change and packaging overhaul. Same system though. The 'milkshake' is the older packaging. I only saw these new 'shake' ones today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rlpreston View Post
    Nothing at all they have had a slight flavour change and packaging overhaul. Same system though. The 'milkshake' is the older packaging. I only saw these new 'shake' ones today
    ok cool, thanks! that clears it up...

I'm not sure if i could seriously do 3 shakes a day.. i know i can manage 2, but the thought of having one for dinner whilst watching dh actually eat real food would be hard.. lol.

as for my mother.... she has it in her head i'm starving myself because i'm not having real food..

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    ok cool, thanks! that clears it up...

I'm not sure if i could seriously do 3 shakes a day.. i know i can manage 2, but the thought of having one for dinner whilst watching dh actually eat real food would be hard.. lol.

as for my mother.... she has it in her head i'm starving myself because i'm not having real food..
    It is very nutritionally satisfying I think

The 3 a day is only the intensive phase (step one). I don't see why you couldn't start on step 2 if you wanted.
    Last edited by rlpreston; 20-01-2013 at 23:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i think i will start on step 2. somehow i find it easy during the day, but come dinner time, and i feel like actual food i can chew..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

rlpreston  (21-01-2013)