+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Which smartphone?

I've had a smashed iPhone screen once but that was because my toddler dropped it of a flight of stairs onto concrete. Doubt any phone would survive that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    Thanks for all the responses so far.

Since my primary purpose is as a GPS the PP that said google maps is better than apple maps has given me more reason to look at android. And of course there is the benefit that my Miss13 will be able to show me how to use it.

Her complaints against iphones are:
    *1* They are brittle. So many people seem to pull an iphone out of their pocket and it has a broken screen.
    *2* You have to buy apps for everything and they are not transferable.

Does anyone have any comments on the one I am looking at?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-5-Andro...ht_7133wt_1210

When I had my iphone 4, the only app I paid for was angry birds, and I had heaps of apps. Ive actually spent more money on this Samsung s3 cr@p for things to make the phone actually usable, not even an angry bird in sight

Just adding that you can use google maps on an iphone, there is a free app for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I currently have an iPhone 4 and its a piece of crap!
    The button doesn't work most of the time
    It's slow
    It crashes
    Most of the free apps I have are jst trial versions of the paid ones
    Transferring onto and off of an iPhone via iTunes is a nightmare unless you have a Mac to go with it.
    I can't wait to get rid of it and get an s3.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Everyone I know that has/had an android LOVED it.......................... til it died an unfixable death, or started screwing up for no reason.

I had a samsung galaxy s, and loved it........ til it just started being really slow, for no reason.

They then join "the dark side" (as I used to call it ) and wonder why they bothered.

Andriods seem to be a ticking time bomb, anyone that owns one....... just wait,

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

PR2bMum  (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The faulty home button is a known fault. The moment it has problems responding to a light press, take it back and claim warranty. They will fix it withing 12 months. Unfortunately statutary warranty doesnt apparently cover this.

4S is apparently much better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mousky View Post
    The faulty home button is a known fault. The moment it has problems responding to a light press, take it back and claim warranty. They will fix it withing 12 months. Unfortunately statutary warranty doesnt apparently cover this.

4S is apparently much better.
    Yep my home button was replaced twice but you can turn on assistive touch from the setting and it puts a home button on your screen no need to press it at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's what I did, I actually preferred it over the real button.
    Last edited by mousky; 11-01-2013 at 11:14.

Thanks
    Reviews

It's not just a light touch-it just doesn't wok half the time!
    But it's not just that- I just find the iPhone to be a pretty crappy phone overall

Thanks
    Reviews
    The android/iphone debate will always be a continuous one and I really don't think there's right or wrong from either side, but here's my two cents for what it's worth.

I had iphone 3G, 3Gs, 4, 4s and then decided to see what an android phone was like because I had continuous problems with all 4 models of my iphone. I first got a samsung galaxy s2 and it was love at first sight! Every single thing was customisable! SO PRETTY! Drag and drop your files, no itunes was the REAL bonus, this phone did everything the iphone didn't do for me. I had problems with the phone freezing after 18 months, but I had soooo much stuff stored on it that it was crazy. Once I cleaned it up and did a reboot everything was fine. I had no more or less problems really that the iphone, but I had more options that appealed greatly to me. I now have the S3 and love it even more than the S2. It all comes down to this.... personal preference! wether it be an iphone or an android, there will be issues with either, you can google iphone problems, samsung problems, android problems, or any other phone and you are likely to get a big DO NOT BUY for any of them!

To be honest, this is what I think and I'm sure a lot of tech geeks would agree.

If you want a phone that's easy to use and has basic features, but that's really about all you need. get an iphone.
    If you want a phone that's more like a portable PC and has a lot of customisable features, get an android based phone.

I personally hope to never have to encounter itunes or anything of the like for the rest of my life, lol

Best of luck

ETA - I would not recommend buying from ebay, if you would like a cheap unlocked phone, try here. I've recommended this place to loads of people and they have been very happy with the price and service. http://www.uniquemobiles.com.au/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to butterfly2013 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My daughter (18yo) just got given an iphone by her best friend (that was given to her by her aunt) and is quite happy with it. She just has a few problems.

firstly * she doesn't know what model it is so doesn't know what cover to buy for it

secondly * whenever she goes to the appstore it is in a foreign language that she cannot read.

thirdly * the wall charger is for a foreign country so she has to charge it from the USB port from her laptop instead. (I should be able to solve this problem for her as I have a few wall adapters.)