+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for all the responses so far.

Since my primary purpose is as a GPS the PP that said google maps is better than apple maps has given me more reason to look at android. And of course there is the benefit that my Miss13 will be able to show me how to use it.

Her complaints against iphones are:
    *1* They are brittle. So many people seem to pull an iphone out of their pocket and it has a broken screen.
    *2* You have to buy apps for everything and they are not transferable.

Does anyone have any comments on the one I am looking at?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-5-Andro...ht_7133wt_1210

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I would be skeptical of buying a no name phone off ebay. Otherwise it probably fits the criteria you are after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an iPhone and rarely pay for an app, most of them are free that I use through the App Store.

The GOOGLE MAPS app has been reinstated into the app store (it's free) and there haven't been issues since the app became available again. Using google maps through safari did have it's issues when the app wasn't available. So the use of the phone as a GPS is a mute point as they all use the same platform now.

I have only broken the screen once on my iPhone and I don't think anything would have survived diving onto the concrete drive from the car. My DH has had an iPhone for over 4 years and works in a physical job, his lives in his pocket and he's not broken a screen (i hope I didn't just jinx him)

I agree that people tend to be apple or android and you need to go and play with them both and decide which you prefer. I just wanted to make sure you knew the reasons you were leaning toward an android weren't as they appeared to you.

Good luck, but I would say trust the original, apple are leaders in this market for a reason (not that, that helps you is you don't like them)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PR2bMum For This Useful Post:

sweetseven  (10-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Which smartphone?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven;
    *1* They are brittle. So many people seem to pull an iphone out of their pocket and it has a broken screen.

I have not once had an iPhone screen break on me, but my DH's 3 month old Samsung galaxy S3 screen shattered for no reason, just in his pocket.

I have had both androids and iPhones, and I always come back to the IPhone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkSmarties For This Useful Post:

sweetseven  (10-01-2013)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post

Does anyone have any comments on the one I am looking at?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-5-Andro...ht_7133wt_1210
    I would be reluctant to buy a no name phone from EBay I have to say. The old saying "you get what you pay for" comes to mind.....and that seller has had over 50 negative feedback in the last 12 months and 42 "neutrals". I think I'd run for the hills.

My kids have Samsung Galaxy Aces and they seem to be ok, no issues, they are about $180/$200 I think unlocked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I've never broken my phone screen, I have an iPhone 4. You wouldn't need anyone to show you how to use it, they are so logically set out that it's quite simple to just have a play and figure it out . I agree with avoiding the no-name phones, stick with good quality, well-known brands.

I rarely pay for apps and I was only talking to my sister yesterday about a free app that I had downloaded. She looked for the android version for her phone and it was $3.49!!! My apps go onto my phone and my iPad easily and my hubby has his phone signed into my iTunes account and all the apps go to his phone too

Thanks
    Reviews

I haven't read the other replies yet, but I'm iPhone all the way!!! I have the 4S and LOVE it!

When I got my first smartphone, the dealer talked me out of an iPhone 3, and I ended up with an android.... Two years later I wanted the phone 4... Different Dealer talked me out if it again ended up with Another crap android.... Finally stuck my ground and have the iPhone 4S and couldn't be happier!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to perthmumm For This Useful Post:

LoveHeart  (10-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

My husband and i have both had an iPhone 3Gs for two years, an now we both have had our iPhone 4s' for 18 months. None of them have had broken screens. The people who I know that have had broken screens were ALL because they dropped their phone. Perhaps it's the 13 year olds with phones that have had their screens broken for "no reason"?

ETA: there is a google maps app for the iPhone, if you really don't want to use the apple maps app. Also I couldn't be happier with my iPhone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I have a Samsung galaxy s3 and am in love! I had an iphone3 before that and the Samsung is just sooo much better in terms of being able to customise your phone to suit your needs etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Which smartphone?

I just wanted to say I recently got the Samsung galaxy s3 and can't speak highly enough of it. I had an iPhone before and much prefer the galaxy. my favourite feature is the camera such high quality photos I never use my camera anymore!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to melimum For This Useful Post:

zoz  (10-01-2013)