+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Would you do anything differently?

Alot of my friends/family ask if I would do anything differently regarding my son.
    Long story short I meet my baby daddy on a dating site. We dtd once and then didnt really speak after that. 5 weeks later found out I was pregnant to him. Told him and while I was pregnant we got together started a relationship fell in love and moved in together. DS came along and then we got engaged been hapoy ever since.
    But yet they ask would I do it differently if I could?
    My answer NO WAY!!!! im happy I have a son I have a fiance just because I fell pregnant and wasnt in a relationship dont mean I would go back and do it any different.
    Does anyone ask you the same?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Why would you do it different if it worked out?!

I had a one night stand with a friend, got pregnant and he left... Still wouldn't do it different.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

It all worked out so seems silly of them to say anything.

We had a few questions like that in the beginning as DD was a surprise whilst on/using contraception. We had only been dating a year. But I wouldn't change a thing. He is an absolutely amazing dad and a great partner (most of the time ha ha).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Would you do anything differently?

I met my df on a dating site.
    We were friends for 8 months before deciding to try a relationship.
    Got pregnant first time we dtd..
    Got engaged during pregnancy and set to wed in march when our dd will be 2 years and 1 month.
    Not the same as you but a similar situation and no I wouldn't do it differently either!
    We are happy and if you are too then nothing else matters :-)

Life; it's what happens when you're making other plans

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Would you do anything differently?

Everything works out in the end and for the best. I just dont get why people ask me that. Think I need some new friends lol.
    I tell them if I knew that penicillan with the pill dont work then I wouldnt have my son I wouldnt have my fiance I wouldnt be happy and lets face it everyone likes to have that 1 friend who always postive (most times) and has a warm smile. Not a friend who would prob still be living with friends and drinking all the time and not smiling and being negative about everything. I have changed but for all the right reasons and wouldnt have it any other way

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tough question. I love my son, I really do. We have such a good relationship (most of the time) and we love doing stuff together. But it's not exactly how I envisioned raising a child. I saw myself with a loving partner, being a full time SAHM and helping out in and around the school, and I absolutely saw siblings. I hate the fact that DS and I miss out on all of that. But would I give him up- not for anything. I'd much rather live without all of that, and have DS than not have him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

If you are happy it makes no sense as to why you would change it? But what im assuming they mean is because you guys possibly started a relationship because you we pregnant?
    But what's meant to be will be

I had my son at 20 and my relationship with his dad didn't work out but I wouldn't have changed it at all! I might not have met DH and had 2 more adorable babies!

Thanks
    Reviews

DH and I have both said we would do things very very differently if we had a time machine.
    It doesn't take away the love we have for our children but our decisions in the past has made life just that extra bit difficult.

Thanks
    Reviews

No I wouldn't. DS was a surprise and was conceived just after we got engaged. So we rushed our wedding and bought a house and it's all been a massive adjustment for us to go from boyfriend/girlfriend with a huge disposable income and quite independent lives to married with a mortgage and a baby (now two kids).

But I believe babies come when they are supposed to and we both say quite often we are glad DS came when he did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hell no. My DD1 has asked me if I wish we had travelled or I finished uni etc... before we had her.
    I tell her my life is what I made it. I love it just the way it is. I don't see the point in living in the past or regretting stuff. I prefer to get behind the wheel, so to speak and make my life what I want it to be...