+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Frustrated about not being able to do anything...

Does anyone else feel frustrated about not being able to do things as easily as before?
    I'm 20 weeks now, and I get tired just unpacking the dishwasher. Some days are better than others but I find it hard to get motivated to do housework or anything because the smallest tasks make me need to sit down for a rest. All I want to do is lounge about all day. Its really frustrating me because my house is a mess and I have so much to do, its starting to pile up on me and I hate it. DF helps out too of course but he works 6 days a week, often long hours so I can't expect him to do too much really.

The worst part though is that before being pregnant I used to exercise fairly regularly and now I can barely even manage walking around the shops. I used to run, play soccer, and do lots of home workouts as well but I can't do anything any more. I've looked at a few pregnancy workouts but they all seem too easy compared to what I'm used to. I am tired all the time but for some reason I feel like I would have more energy if I could do some decent exercise. And some rare days I do feel like I have energy to burn but everything hurts my tummy now that I'm getting bigger.

This is a bit long and all over the place but I needed a bit of a vent thanks to anyone who bothered to read it

Thanks
    Reviews

I understand completely. I'll be 20 weeks on Saturday and whilst I physically feel a lot better than I did 6 weeks ago (fainting due to low blood pressure and severe morning sickness) I just never feel like doing anything. I feel like a bit of a sloth actually as DH has been off work over Xmas so I day sleep nearly everyday, watch too much TV and bubhub. My DD wears me out quickly not just physically but mentally. She wants to bake cake and cookies, paint, play my little pony etc and I have to remind myself she is not being unreasonable in her request, I am by getting annoyed for no reason and thinking its all too much effort.
    The heat is killing me and as a result I have done basically no exercise except playing dance central on the Xbox kinect a few times. But having no air con means I am not even doing that at the moment. If I sit down to read a book or watch a movie there's a pretty good chance ill fall asleep.
    The simplest tasks seem like a big effort. It took me two days to fold the washing and now its still sitting in the lounge room folded not put away. I have taken the decorations off the Xmas tree but haven't pulled it down yet. We will be moving at the end of our lease (ill be 34 weeks) and honestly the thought of packing, unpacking and having to clean our current place for end of lease inspection makes me want to cry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm 24 weeks and from about 16 weeks I have been exhausted! We live with my MIL so she's always like 'what did you do today'.... Nothing :| then I don't sleep at night! I find it hard vacuuming, cleaning, folding washing etc... My DP is amazing! I don't drive so walking to the bus stop I can't even breath I never thought I would say HURRY UP!!!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    From 6 weeks I haven't really done anything. It's because I had a chem in April, and when I finally fell pregnant again in July I was so paranoid that my 5km run every second day was possibly what caused it.
    Silly, but it just made me instantly stop doing anything that might be a risky activity! I'm now going back to walking for a half hour on the treadmill every second day and whilst it's not much it gets my blood flowing and helps me mentally because I don't feel like I've done nothing all day.

Being pregnant is hard enough on our bodies without bashing ourselves up for not doing more on top of that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I can totally relate, I remember at about 19 weeks trying to hang out the washing and struggling to pick up pegs when I'd drop them. I'm now almost 35 weeks and can't even stand up without getting puffed out LOL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not bashing myself up for not being able to do more. It just frustrates me because I actually like exercising and now I can't lol