+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    I don't know...when I worked at Big w and Woolies we would offer to do that if someone needed it. That was 10 years ago now though.
    Some places still do offer that personal touch
    I bought something recently from a major retailer and I was asked at the checkout if I " was right to get that out to your car?" and I saw a guy from the Reject Shop carrying two large pots out to the car park just yesterday for someone. So I think it's still out there in some places and worth asking for if you need it....they can only say no.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Most places dont offer these services as its an insurance issue.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (10-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't expect them to carry it out, but probably would have expected them to suggest the loading dock.

I know this sounds silly, but I wouldn't have purchased a large item that I would have to lift or carry if I was injured without taking someone to help...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

mama and her little bearxxx  (10-01-2013),MissMuppet  (09-01-2013),wannawannabe  (09-01-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd expect some assistance from a place like Harvey Norman, The Good Guys (they helped us with the dishwasher the other day) but not kmart..and def not for a microwave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have been offered that service at both Coles and k mart in the last 6 months, when my bub was crying. It is that sort of service that makes been come back to shop at their store.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (09-01-2013),SoThisIsLove  (09-01-2013),sweetseven  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Unimpressed with lack of customer service at Kmart

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    I wouldn't expect them to carry it out, but probably would have expected them to suggest the loading dock.

I know this sounds silly, but I wouldn't have purchased a large item that I would have to lift or carry if I was injured without taking someone to help...
    Yeah, have to agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Somewhere with a stand alone store like Harvey Norman, Good Guys etc, where the car park is right out the front of the door and people are constantly buying large electrical items. But not a Kmart where it might take at least 5 minutes to get to the exit of the shopping centre let alone out to your car. And that 15 minutes, is 15 minutes that person isn't on the floor helping other customers with inquiries. Plus the insurance issue, plus I'd imagine there'd be a small risk of a customer assaulting/abducting a store employee in a car park.....

I never understood why people buy items they obviously can't lift (like old people and the 20kg bags of dog food) without bringing someone along to help. How do you intend to get the microwave out of the car when you get home?

Thanks
    Reviews

I think they could have taken it out to the loading dock. That's how I had to pick up my trampoline and it was put in my car for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Is it possible that they were genuinely understaffed and couldn't afford for someone to disappear for 5 minutes? I'm just curious as to how you got it in the trolley in the first place, off the store shelf! Could you have taken the trolley to your car?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

There are so many rules and regulations these days. If they can't help then they really should state why to avoid customers thinking they are being rude.