+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Trampoline whinge!!

We have a 12 foot one from Target, it was about $240?

Our kids have both loved it, used it daily and never hurt themselves on it. They would've been 16mo and 2 when we got it I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have had a Target tramp (about $300/14ft) for a few years now..it is one of the best things we have ever bought!! This year we need to get a new net and pads (due to weather and my DS using the net as a springboard for flips ), but otherwise its great. The kids go on it everyday, not just for bouncing, but ball games, playing in the spinkler, making cubby houses, looking at the stars etc. We have never had a spring injury and I really don't think the spring-free ones are that great for the $$. Injuries are more likely from falling off or other kids on the tramp...
    Now my 18mth old is loving bouncing around on it as well....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have had our Big w one for 2 years and its great. Not a all wrecked and kids never hurt themselves on the trampoline (except when they bounce on each other ). They always bounce of the sides and have never fallen out or gotten close to the springs. We have a little step ladder so then can climb in and out easily. The one rule is the net always has to be zipped up and no shoes.

They kids often just play in there like have picnics and stuff.

Oh and we have got on as well and its even held up with the mummy and daddy weight trouncing on it!

Thanks
    Reviews

We have an 8 foot one from toys r us. Cost us $200 in their online sales (which they have all the time). it came with a net and spring cover mat thing in bright pink. The net got chewed by the dog any we haven't bothered to replace it because DD is pretty good without it. Other than that its in perfect condition still after a year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our 14 foot target trampoline is absolutely fine three years down the track, however the padding and side nets disintegrated within the first 12 months. We bought replacement nets and pads from a store on eBay that were very reasonably priced, fit better (and look better) than the originals and almost a year later are showing no signs of wear and tear . I'm pretty confident now that the whole thing will last for many more years!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to be the disagree-er (??) but I think it's better to get a good one that will last. We had a toys r us one (rectangle, no net) and within five years all the stitching down one side came undone and it wasn't safe to use. So we bought a Vuly a couple of years ago and it's still like new- net in great shape even though my kids pull on it (grrr), the padding is still in great condition, maybe a little faded but not disintegrating or anything. The mat itself is exactly like it was when we bought it except the pictures have faded off. All our family and friends who got BIG W, Target etc- the nets and padding have disintegrated and are pretty worn but the mats and springs are probably ok.

vulu are kind of mid-range, Springfree was just TOO $$ for us but glad we spent a little more for one that will hopefully last for all our kids (ages 5mths-10yrs).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Trampoline whinge!!

Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Sorry to be the disagree-er (??) but I think it's better to get a good one that will last. We had a toys r us one (rectangle, no net) and within five years all the stitching down one side came undone and it wasn't safe to use. So we bought a Vuly a couple of years ago and it's still like new- net in great shape even though my kids pull on it (grrr), the padding is still in great condition, maybe a little faded but not disintegrating or anything. The mat itself is exactly like it was when we bought it except the pictures have faded off. All our family and friends who got BIG W, Target etc- the nets and padding have disintegrated and are pretty worn but the mats and springs are probably ok.

vulu are kind of mid-range, Springfree was just TOO $$ for us but glad we spent a little more for one that will hopefully last for all our kids (ages 5mths-10yrs).
    Perhaps it depends on the climate you live in etc? Cos ours hasn't disintegrated at all, yet I have friends that live closer to the coast and theirs have ?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

We live on the coast in north QLD, the tramp in my backyard was bought for nephew when he was 3, he's 7 this year. We never put the net up as none of us had one as a kid n have never had an issue. The pads went over the springs n they are still fine. It was $200 from big w. the mat n springs are in great condition n it lives in the sun. I see no point in siring free

Thanks
    Reviews

I wouldn't buy a cheap trampoline!! We bought a Vuly for this reason. Best tramp ever!

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I got a toys r us one and almost 6yrs later it's still going strong. I have replaced the net and padding not long ago but otherwise the mat and frame are still fine. As for use, best money ever spent on a present for the boys. It gets used by all three (aged 10, 6 and 2) but the 2yr old probably uses it the most!