+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Trampoline whinge!!

My DH has just gone out to buy a trampoline for our 2year old and I am not happy!

I wanted to buy the small spring free trampoline approx $900 and he said why waste our money and has gone to the shops to purchase one from target or big w and I am not happy!

Someone please convince me that's its going to be ok for our 2 year old.... I have a 4 week old whom I assume will want to get on it too in a year and half time.

I just didn't want anything flimsy etc and pay good money the first time.

Or will it be ok for a few years then get a spring free when they are older??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

My SIL just bought a big expensive one for her 16 month old, complete waste of money at that age, my other SIL just gave my 26 month old DS her old cheap little Kmart one and it's prefect! He can get on and off easily by himself and seriously he is 2, he can only just jump so after a few minutes he is bored and gets off!
    I won't buy a big one until he is probably 4 or 5

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Trampoline whinge!!

We have a 12ft trampoline from Kmart. Cost us $220 3 years ago. It's still in excellent condition, going strong and my 4.5 and 2.5 year old are on there all the time.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

We had a big 12 ft one and kids of all ages played on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We got DS a Kmart one for his birthday in October. DS and his daddy can happily play on it. He can be rough and launch himself at the sides. No dramas at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumsrulz View Post
    My DH has just gone out to buy a trampoline for our 2year old and I am not happy!

I wanted to buy the small spring free trampoline approx $900 and he said why waste our money and has gone to the shops to purchase one from target or big w and I am not happy!

Someone please convince me that's its going to be ok for our 2 year old.... I have a 4 week old whom I assume will want to get on it too in a year and half time.

I just didn't want anything flimsy etc and pay good money the first time.

Or will it be ok for a few years then get a spring free when they are older??
    I honestly don't get what all the hype is with the spring free trampolines is, i think for young kids as long as it has a net around it you will be fine, ours has the net and the springs are on the outside from where the net ties and then the springs have padding over them, the only time you come near the springs is climbing on and off and the padding is there anyway, so i'm on your husbands side with this one $900 in my opinion is a big fat waste of money for a trampoline. And as a side note, growing up my trampoline had no spring covers or nets and the only bone i ever broke was falling off my bike

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silly For This Useful Post:

meatpopsicle  (09-01-2013),PR2bMum  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    we've got the 12' one from kmart for $209 it would be fine for a kid that age. the springs are covered its got a safety net its perfectly fine from little ones right up to adults

Thanks
    Reviews

Not sure where they got it from, but my parents gave DS a trampoline for his 3rd birthday & it's still going strong. It came with a foam cover over the springs which is now trashed due to weather & use but I've been told they can be replaced.

I had a trampoline as a kid as well without a net or covered springs - placed on paving stones! Only injury I ever got was from bashing my head against my brothers when we ignored the one at a time rule.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Subscribing. I would like a vuly tramp, but can't really afford one until later this year, so have been thinking about a cheap one, even though I said I was going to hold out for the better one.

Thanks
    Reviews

So is the consensus basically there's no advantage to an expensive one? Does anyone disagree?