+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fitting in 'special adult times' after kids

Ok so a bit of a touchy subject ;-) is it normal for things to slow down/stop after kids?

I'm talking long term (as in ds is nearly 2 years old).
    Last edited by Candiceo; 09-01-2013 at 15:27.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fitting in 'special adult times' after kids

It shouldn't stop! However after having a baby hormones can change things, if you don't use it you lose it kind of thing, plan a 'date night' once a week to start off where you both know that 'it' is going to happen and it can really help getting the ball rolling again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In my case, yes! No libido at all after spending all day/night bfeeding. I felt urgh and when I got into bed all I wanted to do was sleep! I'd go through the motions as I felt like I should sometimes but didn't really enjoy it.
    We decided we needed to do something about it so I organised with a friend to do babysitting of eachothers babies once every few weeks. She'd come over once DD was asleep and DH&I would go out for dinner or movies, feel like a couple again instead of parents, then come home and 'special time' just happened like it used to.
    I think each person if different, some find no change, some find they are into it more, some need to work at it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Fitting in 'special adult times' after kids

Sometimes in the afternoon while katelyn has a nap if we've had a good day I think hmmm maybe we should dtd tonight.

By the time I've gotten the kids to bed I literally CBFed.

My libido maybe isn't 100% gone but the energy is.

I figure we have many many years ahead of us as a couple and the last thing I want to do is taint a loving act by making it a chore. By the time I've cooked dinner, got the kids in the bath, pjs, to bed, tidied up, etc s3x just seems like another thing on the list of things.

Even if my mum baby sits jasper over night we are just excited about a possible sleep in!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 09-01-2013 at 15:45.