+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think a bigger gap is better as its less stressful for you.
    The older one is easier to handle and would be more understanding of you having on spend lots of time on the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default is 4.5 years too much of a gap?

I'm another with a huge gap almost 7yrs. DS is nearly 2 and is so independent wants to be just like his big sister, he absolutely adores her. Of corse there are times when he gets in her way and annoys her, but that would be the case with any age gap.

There are many positives as have been mentioned. What I really like is that I get quality time with both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Chew the Mintie - that picture just made me tear up! My DD is now 3 and I know there will be a 4 year gap minimum (unless we get utd this cycle!) and from time to time it saddens me, even though I know she will be old enough to understand and enjoy a baby brother/sister more. Seeing your pic made me think of DD and how she will be as a big sis, I cant wait to see her like that with a little one because she just LOVES babies.

OP - I think a 4 year age gap would be fine, your older ones will really be able to enjoy and understand having a little one around. Good luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

Chew the Mintie  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

My partners siblings range from 21 - 30 (all same parents). They all get along great now they're older & I'm sure they did as littlies too.

Mine are step sisters/half sisters but we range from 4 - 24 and there's 4 of us.

Thanks
    Reviews

His mum didn't return to work til they were all in school though so the financial factor plays a part there.

Think there's good & bad with every age gap

Thanks
    Reviews

Love this thread - makes me a feel a lot more comfortable with our decision to have a larger gap (3.5-4.5 years)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I haven't read all replies.
    I have exactly 5 years between 1 and 2 and honestly wouldn't "choose" the gap.
    I think DS1 gets lumped with a lot of responsibility and they clash a lot with their interests.
    I have a much much smaller gap with 2 and 3 and love watching their friendship.

Thanks
    Reviews

I apologise for this OT post but Brussels sprout who did you go through for your vba2c?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    I apologise for this OT post but Brussels sprout who did you go through for your vba2c?
    I'll PM you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Chew the Mintie  (09-01-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I don't think it's too much of an age gap! My oldest was around 4.5 when dd was born at it was great. A few mums at kindy had 2nd bubs with this age gap and they have no complaints I think they all have pros and cons just have to do what feels right for you!