+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Are you having another baby?/OMG LOOK how big your stomach still is?!!! vent!

Certainly don't feel crash hot about myself. Sometimes I think some people need to grow a brain cell or two. two days after I had ds (my 3rd child), I had people questioning me with why is your stomach so big? It shouldn't be big! or the dreaded : are you having another baby so soon? I JUST HAD A BABY FFS!!!!

And yes, these come from people who have had kids, so you think they would KNOW you have a baby belly for a while after a baby.

The worst part is, i'm 176cm tall and am 78kgs, I don't think I'm really fat by any means, all I put on in this pregnancy was 12 kg's. the norm. And after having 2 ceaserians then a natural birth I actually think my stomach is heaps smaller this time around.. i really don't know what on earth some people are on about.

I either get these stupid comments or on the other end of the scale of 'wow, can't believe you just had a baby, you don't look like you have..''...

Thought i'd just get my silly vent out. As I said, I don't really think i'm fat, I wear size 12-14 generally, I have come a long way with my weight to be at a healthy weight after weighing 48kg's for years and being severely sickly underweight. I went up to 65, then had the first 2 kids, then was sitting at 71 - 72kg's for about 4 years and now i'm 78 post baby. I really wonder what some people are on about because the demon in my head is beginning to think that MAYBE i am fat after all.

wish some people would just keep their stupid mouths shut. I would certainly never say such stupid things to anybody.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Are you having another baby?/OMG LOOK how big your stomach still is?!!! vent!

Personally I think a lot of people just say things to fill the silence, and more often then not it's just stupid dribble - e.g. "it's hot"... well dah...

I hate small talk for that reason, don't dribble nonsense at me unless you have something worthwhile to say.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Disbride For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Are you having another baby?/OMG LOOK how big your stomach still is?!!! vent!

Oh I'm hearing you! I got this one from my Aunty while visiting me in hospital when DS2 was TWO days old (I am 163cm and weighed 62kg post birth) "are you sure you don't have another one in there?" WTF is wrong with people!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    off topic, you had 2 c-sect and a natural? how, did you go public, what hospital did you use, who was your OB/????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum22 View Post
    off topic, you had 2 c-sect and a natural? how, did you go public, what hospital did you use, who was your OB/????
    yes, 2 c-sections and a natural.. went to the RBWH (in brisbane), after going private the first two times, and this being my first public, i found the experience/hospital excellent. I couldn't fault the midwives/ob at all.. I can't remember the name of the ob to be honest, lol. All I remember he was blonde and youngish and was very thorough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i sooo want a vba2c but im not in RBWH catchment, but good to know its happening! did you have to fight much?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum22 View Post
    i sooo want a vba2c but im not in RBWH catchment, but good to know its happening! did you have to fight much?
    To my suprise, not really! I did get told "'do you want a dead baby or a brain dead one?''.. which really peeved me off, and got repeatedly told of the vbac statistics, but these were mainly from the registrars, not the OB.!! The ob said from his mouth directly (I ended up having a different ob in the actual birth, but he was very supportive too... ) that he fully supports a try for the vbac.

So be prepared to get some negative reactions, but stick to your guns. I hired a doula as well.. she was fantastic and very supportive. Good luck!! Hope you get your Vbac.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I'm only 10 weeks, so not really showing, although I do carry my weight on my belly. Apparently I was wearing an unflattering dress the other day, because in the checkout line at the supermarket an old lady asked me when I was due. I was like I hadn't told anyone I was pregnant.. I was thinking to myself you're damn lucky I am lady, otherwise I would be TOTALLY offended.

And yes- I also was asked when I was due a week after I gave birth to the boys. She was mighty embarrassed when I said I had just had twins a week before

Thanks
    Reviews

I am the same height as you and just had another baby too! You are at my goal weight!!

I think some ppl think they are being funny, my mum always used to say "omg you're so fat" when i was preggers, thanks but no mum, i am just pregnant.

Just ignore them, i am sure you look gorgeous.

Thanks
    Reviews

One of my good friends had a really traumatic birth with her son and she still has a very firm pregnant looking tum... She would often be asked when is she due and she used to answer "15 years ago!".... That normally shut them up!