+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Is 20 months too early to drop day sleep?

My DS has just given up his sleep at 24 months. He had one today but it's like a once a week thing. I battled with it for around 4 months before conceding it is time to drop it. He is very happy without it and will go to bed 6/7pm instead of 9/10pm which he does if he has a nap.

I do insist on going through the nap routine everyday and either lying with him or leaving him to chat to himself for at least half an hour though as I really think that down-time is important.

My best friend's DD (same age) does go through phases where she won't nap for 2 weeks at a time then goes back to it but she is asleep at 8pm regardless of whether she naps or not.

As lovely as a rest break during the day is, I love love love a 7pm bedtime much more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Each child is different. My ds who is 3.5 still needs a nap and actually asks for it. Dd who is 25 months wouldn't need one at all but I often give her one just because her brother is having one. Both have always been great sleepers

Similar Threads

1. When did your toddler drop the day sleep?
    By duckduckgoose in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-01-2013, 09:28
  2. 3 months old sleep regression???
    By Missbehaving in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29-09-2012, 09:35
  3. Is 4 months to early?
    By bigZ in forum Weaning & Starting solids
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-04-2012, 12:38