+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default fav dog breed and breeds of your fur babies

Quote Originally Posted by maco View Post
    Rottweilers! I have a 4 year old rotty girl and she is the best! Trained right they are amazingly loyal and caring dogs
    Another rottie lover here! Our big baby was a pound rescue n I have never owned such a sooky, cuddly or loving dog! Also love border collies (have a miniature).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bezzy View Post
    Lol we had the opposite problem with our boxer when he was young. He'd go up to other breeds and whack them on the head with his paw - box them! - But other breeds seemed to interpret his behaviour as aggressive/annoying and have a go at him!

Our boxers get on wonderfully with my mothers pugs because they are of a similar energy/crazy level.
    Oh yeah he does this too! I find most dogs take it as aggressive, some submit and a small few are like "come on then let's play!". There is nothing funnier than watching two boxers play. It's such a unique style that other dogs don't get it.

Though I've been on the receiving end of that right hook and t hurts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I grew up with Labradors so have a soft spot for them and their big fat heads and their giant appetites which make them a dream to train.

I currently have a Jack Russell and a miniature Schnauzer. Love them both to bits but they couldn't be more opposite in terms of personality. My jack Russell is so intelligent, but absolutely despises other dogs (she tolerates our other dog coz he has finally learned that she's the boss and doesn't bug her too much), luckily she's great with people (can get a bit growly if she thinks our schnauzer is trying to steal human attention away from her though). I think our schnauzers parents were related or he went without oxygen for too long during birth or something; he's such a dopey dog but has the most beautiful personality and loves other dogs so much. After 2 1/2 years of trying to train him, he's finally mastered "sit", "stay" and "outside". I don't think we have much chance of teaching him anything else so we'll probably have to stick to reminding him of the three commands he knows for the rest of his life ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Siberian Huskies, they are the most beautiful dogs and have amazing personalities! I have two Always wanted one growing up but Mum always said no, they would be too hot. As soon as we were able to get a dog, I researched huskies and found out that they are protected from the heat as well as cold because of their double coat... needless to say I bought a husky that week. They are so amazing that I had to get another a few months later!

Thanks
    Reviews

I love all dogs (grew up with Silkies and a Rotti), but am especially partial to the West Highland White Terrier. I have three girls, and am involved in breeding and showing also

Thanks
    Reviews

My fave is staffies we have one... Best personality and he looks amazing

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm in love with Staffies. They look tough but are giant teddies. Needless to say this is my fur babies breed.
    Attached Images

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LilNightmare For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I love Great Danes. We have two, & until we got them I was a cat person
    They are just giant cuddle monsters... Lol

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

I love my staffy x mastiff <3

But iv always wanted a Great Dane... I just love them to bits!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by collz View Post
    I love Great Danes. We have two, & until we got them I was a cat person
    They are just giant cuddle monsters... Lol
    Are Great Danes easy to walk despite the size? Despite trying to train my boxer its like being on ice skates and he pulls to get to every person or dog. He's 45kg. What weight is the average Great Dane?