+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Weight Gain so far

I've put on more now - up 4kgs at 19 weeks
    I'm on the verge of getting obsessed with it but I remind myself everyday that as long as I'm eating well & exercising and don't have a medical condition, that whatever will be will be...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just reached 13 weeks and have gained 2kgs.

I was sick throughout the first trimester and I had to eat carbs (particularly bread) throughout the day to avoid vomiting. Plus, strangely, carbs were all I could bring myself to eat (I never really liked them before being pregnant though - weird).

Eventually I could eat other foods (fruit, salad, etc.) if I ate them WITH carbs. However, anything on its own (a piece of fruit, water, crackers, etc.) would just come back up. If I didn't eat every two hours or so I would be hanging over the toilet. I am usually a healthy person who loves fruit and vegetable, so this was really tough for me.

Anyway, considering how much heavy food I was eating, the 2kg gain is not as bad as I thought it would be!

I can finally stomach food without having to include carbs! So, my goal now is to eat as well as possible. Lots of salads, veges, fruit, beans, dairy, etc. Hopefully my weight gain continues at a healthy rate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gained a total of 20kgs over the course of my pregnancy. I gained a lot during the first trimester due to fluid retention. Second trimester it stabilised somewhat and then the gain increased in the third. I was extremely tired the entire pregnancy with zero energy to exercise and unless it was bland carbs I couldn't eat it.

having said that I lost 14 kilos in the first 3 weeks post birth and now I'm back eating cleanly I'm dropping 0.5 - 1 kg a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did any of you lose weight at the begging of your pregnancy? I have very mild nausea for five weeks, was eating pretty normally but lost almost 3 kilos. I am almost back to my pre-pregnancy weight now and I am just over 16 weeks. Is this strange or does it just differ with every woman?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Weight Gain so far

I think it happens for some people. Your body is working overtime growing your little bubba is your doctor okay with your weight loss? If they're okay with it I wouldn't worry

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had a bad weekend - didn't stick to my usual healthy diet and I'm paying for it now - I feel terrible!!!!!!!
    Guess it proves that healthy really is best - for so many reasons.
    Don't want to weigh myself tomorrow! gulp!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Weight Gain so far

Don't do it! I have pig outs then weigh myself and end up crying at the gym lol damn pregnancy hormones

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    Don't do it! I have pig outs then weigh myself and end up crying at the gym lol damn pregnancy hormones

HAHAHA!
    I might not weigh in until the end of the week to give my body a chance to work it off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellie1981 View Post
    Did any of you lose weight at the begging of your pregnancy? I have very mild nausea for five weeks, was eating pretty normally but lost almost 3 kilos. I am almost back to my pre-pregnancy weight now and I am just over 16 weeks. Is this strange or does it just differ with every woman?
    I lost 3kgs in my first trimester and now at 22+3, I'm only up 1kg on my pre-pregnancy weight. I think it's different for everybody!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post

I weighed in yesterday and was pleased to see I had only gained 100g this week.
    Phew. Still scared for next week and every week after though! hahaha