+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsleesey View Post
    What is hypothyroidism??
    Hypothyroidism is a state in which the thyroid gland does not make enough thyroid hormone.

Iodine deficiency is often cited as the most common cause of hypothyroidism worldwide but it can be caused by many other factors. It can result from the lack of a thyroid gland or from iodine-131 treatment, and can also be associated with increased stress. Severe hypothyroidism in infants can result in cretinism.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got hypothyroidism too, currently at 32 weeks and around 9-10 kg weight gain. Endocrinologist isn't impressed because he uses my pre hypo weight which puts me at an 11 a 12 kg gain but OB said I'm fine and not to worry. Meds have gone from 25mcg to 100mcg per day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bunx and Elle I'm glad to hear someone else in same position mines hereditary I was bound to get it but my second child brought it on faster so struggled to loose all baby weight so I'm currently sitting at what I was full term with both which makes me feel so yuck I'm a small person but when. Have this problem its harder to maintain with pregnancy I'm finding as ur levels change normally I'm on 200mg a day but gone down to 100 and get checked regularly and also with my mild I sulking levels I'm n Diabex and that makes u put o. Weight I'm literally screwed lol but I know I'm not eating bad so I know its not me just the problems...
    So I will be happy if I put on 1 kg a mnth 2 max but the midwife reckons it will slow down towards the end dnt know how when ub grows much more and needs more and bunx u look really great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now up 6.2kg at 38 weeks. I'm at the minimum weight gain for my BMI seeing as I was overweight to start with, so am hoping to keep to that in the last few weeks!!! It's way better than with my other three pregnancies, I think I put on around 20kg with each of them - which was way more than I should have, and left me struggling to lose weight afterwards...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by girlyboo View Post
    Now up 6.2kg at 38 weeks. I'm at the minimum weight gain for my BMI seeing as I was overweight to start with, so am hoping to keep to that in the last few weeks!!! It's way better than with my other three pregnancies, I think I put on around 20kg with each of them - which was way more than I should have, and left me struggling to lose weight afterwards...
    That's great Girlyboo - well done!!!! And not lon for you now!!! WOO HOO!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by girlyboo View Post
    Girlyboo say what?? I've seen your bump pics and you are not remotely close to being overweight!!! Awesome gain btw

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm starting to show with #2 at 8 weeksImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1367902759.297606.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mrsL! And yeah, although I'm 38 weeks I suspect I have a long while to go yet, my babies are all overdue, last one came at 42w2d!! How are you travelling?

Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Girlyboo say what?? I've seen your bump pics and you are not remotely close to being overweight!!! Awesome gain btw
    You're very kind, but sadly according to my height and weight (BMI of around 26 pre-pregnancy) I am overweight

lovely emerging bump marepoppin!
    Last edited by girlyboo; 07-05-2013 at 16:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I am now 23 weeks. I had terrible morning sickness for first 18 weeks and l lost 14 kg. Since then I have now put on 2kg as now eating lots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm 23 weeks and am up about 8kg. I'm trying to tell myself it doesn't matter but it is depressing.