+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    You were sick for ages girlyboo I'm glad youre better now!

I weighed in at my doctor last night, 4.5kg up at 27+3 so reasonably happy with that
    that's amazing!!!!!!!!!! Well done!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weighed in today at antenatal clinic. 7.7kgs gain at 26+5. Not happy at all.

ETA that should say 27+5 weeks
    Last edited by jez; 07-03-2013 at 11:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    Weighed in today at antenatal clinic. 7.7kgs gain at 26+5. Not happy at all.
    Keep in mind the baby would be nearly a kg by then. Plus all the extra fluid you have.
    Don't panic. I reckon my gain will be about that by the time I get to 26 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    6.5kg's at 28 + 4. Considering I was up 8kg's at 25 weeks, I'm pretty happy with the gain so far. I went on a really strict clean eating plan at 25 weeks and it seems to have worked as I've shed some weight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    6.5kg's at 28 + 4. Considering I was up 8kg's at 25 weeks, I'm pretty happy with the gain so far. I went on a really strict clean eating plan at 25 weeks and it seems to have worked as I've shed some weight

That's great well done! what has your eating plan been?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was given a friendly reminder to watch my weight gain by my ob this morning. I will be sitting down to do a meal plan tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    I was given a friendly reminder to watch my weight gain by my ob this morning. I will be sitting down to do a meal plan tonight.
    Really?? Were you in your healthy weight range to start before getting preg?

I haven't been weighed at my Ob yet. At my first appt he asked me how much I weighed and I told him. I wasn't overweight to start and at all my appts to date I don't think it looks like I have put on much so perhaps that's why it hasn't been a topic of conversation.

I have an appt with my mid-wife (who works with the Ob) tomorrow though - I wonder if she will weigh me then? Or say anything about it.
    I look alot bigger now - really only in my tummy though.

From what I have read and heard - some people get weighed regularly at their appts and some don't at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsleesey View Post
    That's great well done! what has your eating plan been?
    Thank you

Basically it consists of a gluten free diet (I'm gluten intolerant but was still eating gluten and it was making me feel too bloated) along with no refined sugars, no preservatives and I have cut out all pasta and potato. I have two slices of gluten free bread a week as a treat as I LOOOOOVE bread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Thank you

Basically it consists of a gluten free diet (I'm gluten intolerant but was still eating gluten and it was making me feel too bloated) along with no refined sugars, no preservatives and I have cut out all pasta and potato. I have two slices of gluten free bread a week as a treat as I LOOOOOVE bread!
    Cool, that all sounds pretty normal and sensible.
    I have been eating well during the weeks and having treats on the weekend.
    Could probably eat better on the weekends, but Im also trying to be relaxed and realistic about this time in my life!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsleesey View Post
    Really?? Were you in your healthy weight range to start before getting preg?

I haven't been weighed at my Ob yet. At my first appt he asked me how much I weighed and I told him. I wasn't overweight to start and at all my appts to date I don't think it looks like I have put on much so perhaps that's why it hasn't been a topic of conversation.

I have an appt with my mid-wife (who works with the Ob) tomorrow though - I wonder if she will weigh me then? Or say anything about it.
    I look alot bigger now - really only in my tummy though.

From what I have read and heard - some people get weighed regularly at their appts and some don't at all.
    At the hospital I go to you get weighed at the start of every appt when you check in with reception.
    I was overweight before falling pregnant at 78kgs. So not huge but still overweight. I also had pre eclampsia with DD and putting on too much weight can contribute to the chances of it happening again. The problem is more that I have put on 2kgs in the last four weeks as opposed to the total amount I have gained. with DD I put on 25kg during my pregnancy and do not want that to happen again. Although a lot of it was excess fluid as I was 15kg lighter in the week after having her.