+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Weight Gain so far

Hi ladies, I hope you are all doing well!

Well, I hopped on the scales today - the first time since falling preg and I have gained 2.5kg total so far - am 16 weeks today.

I was pleasantly suprised by this as my first trimester was terrible - no energy to exercise and I was really just eating whatever made me feel better! I was expecting the worst when it came to the scales - thus I had been avoiding them until now!!!

Since last week I have turned a corner though, feeling a billion times better and so much more just feeling like myself again, so back into the exercise and healthy eating - and that has made me feel even better again!

Considering we've just had Xmas & the size of my b00bies - I'm feeling pretty ok with the 2.5kg.

How's everyone else going? Am I way off the mark and have gained too much - or is this ok? I know everyone is different, but I thought I'd see how everyone else was going and what you thought.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Weight Gain so far

I think it is perfectly fine. I am 22 weeks, and have gained 2 kg.
    At 16 weeks I had gained 1 kg.
    I am fully aware that I am going to start gaining more from here on out, but I am happy that I am just so healthy. Lots of fruit, veges and salads. And loads of water!!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    I think it is perfectly fine. I am 22 weeks, and have gained 2 kg.
    At 16 weeks I had gained 1 kg.
    I am fully aware that I am going to start gaining more from here on out, but I am happy that I am just so healthy. Lots of fruit, veges and salads. And loads of water!!!

Yep that sounds like me - I am focusing on being as healthy as possible!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey,

I'm 19 weeks and quite small normally.

Had my 20 week scan today. I've put on 4.5kg so far. I'm pretty happy with that! I actually look thinner than before I was pregnant, it's all going to my belly and boobs I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by NessaBotBot View Post
    Hey,

I'm 19 weeks and quite small normally.

Had my 20 week scan today. I've put on 4.5kg so far. I'm pretty happy with that! I actually look thinner than before I was pregnant, it's all going to my belly and boobs I think.

That's great, well done!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Weight Gain so far

Well done Neesa. Great job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there...I'm almost 14 weeks and I just feel fat which is weird because my morning sickness was terrible and I feel like I hardly ate a thing. Although I have renewed my love of Tim Tams....that was a mistake. Anyway, I don't want to have this baby and then have to loose a ton of weight...any tips or ideas on how to tone up while pregnant? I have not had much energy. Normally I run but for the last 14 weeks, it's been pretty much bed rest and I'm worried that it shows!

Thanks
    Reviews
    At 20 weeks I've gain around 3.5 kilos, although its hard to know exactly because even before being pregnant my weight fluctuated a lot so I'm not 100% sure how much I weighed initially.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey pinkdeck, I had the same trouble with exercise early on...... I do yoga everyday, not because I force myself to, but because I enjoy it..... But the first 15 weeks I did hardly any exercise, the fatigue really hits you hard doesn't it...... I didn't weigh myself early on coz I was worried what I'd see hehehe second trimester has been better for feeling energetic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At 23+4 weeks I weigh 54kg. So I've put on 4kg. Most of it has been since 18 weeks ! Had a big growth spurt.

my diet has been really strict since 20 weeks as I'm hoping to avoid gestational diabetes. I have almost no carbs and no refined sugar In my diet. I'll probably relax that a little if I get a negative GTT

i am hoping to gain around 10kg only but know that I'm eating really well and exercising moderately so if I gain more then I obviously need it.

Just started doing pregnancy yoga plus have always been doing lots of walking.