+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I make small babies and plan on using newborn size Real Nappies. They are cotton Prefolds that slot neatly into a cover with Velcro tabs. The video review on the website looked so easy that I was sold. They're made in NZ and get great reviews, and they're cheaper than many of the brands about. I wanted something really simple to start before I move on to OSFM with a million snaps, so I can sell my DH on MCNs after using disposables with our DS.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default MCN & newborns

Prefolds and covers worked best for us for the first 4 weeks then we went to sized nappies (Itti bitti d'lish mostly) and by about 10 weeks boof fit into OSFM comfortably. He's 6 months now and we haven't had any issues

Thanks
    Reviews

Default MCN & newborns

Hi. Just seen this thread can anyone suggest where to buy prefolds from
    And how much they cost?

Thanks

Edit typo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default MCN & newborns

Bumboo have beautiful bamboo prefolds, but stretchy and normal. If you google 'Bumboo prefolds' I'm sure you will find them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another option is Real Nappies. A Newborn Essentials kit costs $91 (12 nappies, 3 covers). If you want to wash a bit less, they have a special for $148 which includes 24 prefolds and from memory I think 7 covers, along with liners. They guarantee them to be good through two children. I love the simplicity of them - after watching the DVD I have no worries that my DH will find them very easy to use. I want to lull him into a (false?) sense of security before we get to OSFM with complicated snaps and inserts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OurFamilyOf3 View Post
    Bumboo have beautiful bamboo prefolds, but stretchy and normal. If you google 'Bumboo prefolds' I'm sure you will find them.
    Like the look of the Bumboo ones, too. The rainbow bamboo look nice...think I might get my baby some of these, too. The Bamboo would be great for nights if this baby actually sleeps long enough to get decently wet. MCNs are oddly addictive!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default MCN & newborns

The Bumboo one's are fantastic. Especially the stretchy one's

Thanks
    Reviews

Default MCN & newborns

Thanks for the replies
    What are stretchy prefolds? I am
    Not sure what the difference
    Is.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default MCN & newborns

They have a bit more give in them than the standard ones and are easier (IMO) to handle when putting them on bub. If you google Bumboo stretchy prefolds it might give you a better explanation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: MCN & newborns

Quote Originally Posted by jellybeanicecream View Post
    Another option is Real Nappies. A Newborn Essentials kit costs $91 (12 nappies, 3 covers). If you want to wash a bit less, they have a special for $148 which includes 24 prefolds and from memory I think 7 covers, along with liners. They guarantee them to be good through two children. I love the simplicity of them - after watching the DVD I have no worries that my DH will find them very easy to use. I want to lull him into a (false?) sense of security before we get to OSFM with complicated snaps and inserts!
    I believe the real nappies brand are only a cotton pre fold ? They won't be near as absorbant as bamboo .

Also I think u would be better of sucking your hubby in with the one size pockets nappies so much easier to use than pre folds ! Once bub gets a wiggle on (at a few months old) it can become a pain in the butt getting the two layers to sit nicely (as in the nappy then cover )

My df is all for cloth and prefers it to sposies but doesn't like pre folds or fitteds with covers ...I mean sure he can do it but he prefers not to .

I seriously don't understand all the hype people put into 'dad friendly' nappies as if a male can't figure out how to place a nappy on baby the same as we would ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub