+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We waited until about a week, when meconium was gone etc.
    We used BBH petite small to start with and they were great - our others were all too big (sized and multi-fit ones). Some were too big around the legs, some around the waist. It depends so much though on the specific baby and the nappies. As our daughter has grown (3 months) different types have worked at different times as she changes in size and shape.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm thanks! Can anyone tell me what prefolds are, how do you use them? Are they folded into a triangle like a Terry nappy? I found a website and they do a range of sizes from newborn (2 to 3.6kg) then infAnt etc and they look Like they are bamboo fabric. They range from $2 each - I thought that might be fantastic for a newborn as they need a lot of nappy changes a day? I had my DS in Terry cloth during day but found it irritated his skin and gAve him a rash, so I went back to disposables for 8 months which helped but he was sweaty and hot from them As I live in FNQ, so then I switched to modern cloth, mainly the bamboo fitteds, and he was fine. So I'm thinking the bamboo may be a little softer and less irritating to newborn skin? I may be wrong though. My daughter is due in 4 months but I'd like to start buying nappies now so The cost doesn't hit me LOL.

Anyway, left over from my son I have large sizes of baby beehinds (my fave brand) as well as 6 bamboo fitteds and 3 hemp fitteds - so I need to stock up on smaller sizes or more OSFM. If I have 9 nappies to fit a smaller baby - how many more will I Need to buy? Should I buy prefolds with a cover for newborn until she is in a medium sized nappy so
    Therefore I am only buying 1 size instead of a small size too?
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default MCN & newborns

Subbing too, I've just started collecting mcn's for our bub due in April, and have only bought OSFM so far, not sure if it's worth buying any newborn sized ones or will they grow out of them too quickly?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default MCN & newborns

My OSFA were reallllyyy cheap... $40 for 10. I did purchase a birth to potty pack from another company which is around $600 but I got the kit for $480 due to an expo special. I'm not sure what the styles are, the cheapies are ones you stuff an insert in and the kit are ones you fold a flat piece of thick cotton and it sits just inside a cover. If anyone wants details just PM me, as I'm not sure if I can post links on here..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

cocosmum  (14-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: MCN & newborns

My bub was 6pd born and the only osfm I had that fit her at that size are rumparooz. I have her mostly in newborn size rumparooz, tot boys teeny bots, small itti bittis, and a couple of kissaluvs.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son was born at not quite 10 pounds, so he fit straight into the one size fits all ebay cheapies, bumgenius and the small size baby beehinds I had bought. The baby beehinds that needed a cover were a bit bulky to start with, so I left them til he was a little older.

We only used MCN during the day. At 2 weeks old we went interstate for a wedding and were away nearly a week and used disposables. I didn't find ones that were the right fit and that didn't leak consistently (even in next size up huggies). I was so glad to go back to the cloth when we got home. Experimented with the disposables for overnight and I think pampers ended up the winner for him at that point in time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default MCN & newborns

I used greenkids OSFM from about 6 weeks, they are bulky but easy to use & fitted well when used with the newborn fold.

I waited 6 weeks just to make life easy for myself - those first few weeks are pure survival mode!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default MCN & newborns

I used Alva Baby Newborn nappies for the first month or so (I only got 20 of those because my Bub was measuring a bit ahead and I didn't want to waste too much money on it).
    Now she's in Alva baby bamboo and its going really well. She's bit of a heavy wetter and I find the bamboo absorbs more than the microfiber nappies.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default MCN & newborns

Subbing.
    I'm planning to do MCN from birth and eagerly awaiting the mail next week for the nappies I ordered to arrive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default MCN & newborns

Also check with your councils about nappies library. It gives you an option to try lots of different brands for minimum 2 weeks.
    Then you can buy based on your experience and your baby's shape