+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Push presents?

Lol I got nothing.... Hahaha hasn't even thought about it, however subway is in the food court of where I am having bub and I might get. My ex to bring me a pizza sub for lunch when he brings the kids up lol mmmmm salami!!!! Ooo and a caramel Sunday from HJs down the rd lol or I'll get it on the trip home haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got nothing Even my request for a pepperoni pizza from d0min0es (don't even ask why I wanted that cause I don't like their pizza's at all LOL) and a chocolate sundae from McD's were forgotten. I secretly hoped for an eternity ring but DH said they were called eternity rings for a reason, takes an eternity to get one!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Push presents?

My DP was joking the other day that he was going to get me this vintage pearl necklace and earing set that I saw.

After 18 months on ivf drugs and then blood pressure meds during pregnancy I'll be super happy to be honest to have a year with no pills and potions! But if DP wants to buy me a piece of jewellery to mark the occasion, I think it's a sweet gesture. It would make me smile every time like I looked at it.

Like all gifts, never expected but nice when given.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Push presents?

For DS I got a TV (lol) and for this bubs (not born yet) I'm getting a new car we need a bigger one now

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Push presents?

I hadn't heard of a push present until recently... Since hearing, I have dropped some hints so will have to see how receptive DF is:-)

Fwiw I'd be happy with nothing more than a nice platter of all the foods I've been missing... Mmm oysters, deli olives, salami, sushi, brie, brie and some more BRIE!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby has gotten me presents each time, he even got his parents to pick up some flowers and chocolate's for me when I had a miscarriage aswell. With my recent bub #3 he got me this beautiful silver ornament of a newborn baby inside a mothers hand, it was beautiful! He's gotten the girls jewellery and has always bought me flowers and special food into the hospital for when i'm starving between those minisicual meals lol. I do think it's a lovely idea, I never hinted for it, he has just done it each and every time which has been lovely

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be surprised if DH bought me anything.

However I've placed and order for sushi and and Oreo mclfurry after she's here.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Push presents?

Don't really like the term push present. Sounds a bit materialistic - I think cos you hear the term by the media referring to celebs extravagant presents etc.

I didn't get anything or expect anything. I think it's up to the couple!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Push presents?

I had never heard of this until I read this thread lol.

On the morning of out wedding, my husband had organised to have my maid of honour give me the best "thing" type gift I have ever been given. It was a locket bracelet he'd went to great trouble finding- nice but not over the top- and it had four lockets on it. A picture of my dad, his mum, my sister and my nan all of who had passed away. It was a symbol of them being "with us" for our special day. Just thinking of it brings me to tears!

We were together seven years before we got married- and it's so touching to have a husband who can still be so thoughtful.

So, I guess when I think "push present," I certainly would not expect anything, but if I were to be given something- this is the type of gift that comes to mind. Something that really has a lot of thought and meaning rather than something I just wanted and asked for.

Or maybe something that was symbolic of us starting our family...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hadn't really heard of this and so it's not something we did.

But I did ask for a weekend away prior to the birth, so we could enjoy the last few weeks before the baby was born. We went to a B&B in the Hills and had a great time...although I think the owner was petrified I'd go into labour on his handsome four poster bed.