+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Push presents?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    For each girl DH bought me a Canturi diamond S and L (the initial of their first name) for me to wear until they are 21 when they will get them. DS will get dh's watch when he turns 21.

They weren't push presents as such (I hate that term) but bought later as he felt he wanted them to have something to commemorate their arrival into the world. The girls love looking at their letters and keep asking how long til they turn 21 so they can have them.
    I love that idea! ( and I love Canturi!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I got nothing and didn't expect anything. Had no idea woman recieved gifts from their partners for having a child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im not a big jewellery person so DH bought a Chanel handbag for first. For second, I have matured somewhat and told him don't need anything and we should save up the money and live comfortably (ie use the money to go and have dinner out when I've had a rough day at home with the kids iykwim).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Push presents?

I got nothing and I hinted and everything. Got no xmas present either and bubs was only born 6 days before Christmas.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    These ideas are all so lovely, especially the Canturi initials for when they turn 21, love that!

A good friend of mine got diamond earrings when she gave birth, I don't think it was a 'push present' exactly, more like they had tried so hard for years to conceive and her DH just wanted to give her something to commemorate such a momentous and long awaited event.

I think if your partner is the sentimental type and wants to give you a gift to celebrate such a life changing event that's wonderful. I know my DH is not the type to even think of that sort of thing though and I'm okay with that, and in my case since I know he's unlikely to get me anything I probably wouldn't get something for myself, it wouldn't have as much meaning behind it IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine wasn't so much a push present. My birthday was one month before DS was born, our 10 year anniversary was 5 days before he was born. So dh got me an eternity ring to wear with my engagement and wedding rings and gave it to me on my birthday.

however I don't wear them half the time as my engagement ring is a large princess cut diamond and I am paranoid about scratching DS with it (have been known to take chunks out of dh in my sleep). I should just wear the other two but never think of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My dad bought me salami and brie! I was dying for some by that point.

the father of my baby didn't get me anything. Actually I got nothing at all apart from the cheese, was the only one in the hospital without even a bunch of flowers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got the flowers and chockie after ds 1 & 2 births. Then after number 3 i got a ring with 3 diamonds, one for each boy. I had no idea and he gave it to me a couple of hours post birth. Hed packed a few things in his own little bag so that i wouldnt find it. It was a very un-him thing to do which made it very special.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With DS, DH bought me a ring with a blue topaz in it. It was basically because I have to go away for work a lot and it meant that there was something physical that is 'a little piece of my son' that I can carry around with me wherever I go and no matter how long I'm gone for .
    I'm very restricted on what I can carry and wear when I'm away for work and a ring is one of the few things I can wear so that's what I've got.

I don't know what we'll do for the next bub, maybe a ring to make a set to go with the first one. I can't have any more kids though because I can only wear a certain number of rings haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    I got nothing and didn't expect anything. Had no idea woman recieved gifts from their partners for having a child.
    It wasn't expected at all. That's what made it so lovely.
    Last edited by Sonja; 08-01-2013 at 20:21.