+ Reply to Thread

Default OPK and clomid

Hi. So by if background.
    I stopped taking the pill over a year ago. October 2011. My period never regulated so I got a referral from GP to see the OBYGN in April 2012.
    We were wanting to ttc but then I changed jobs and we just held off ttc untill last month. I went back to the OBGYN and he has given me clomid to trial for 3 months.
    My cycles have only just starts to regulate again. 34 days.
    I know with clomid there is a possibility of multiples. But my question is. With the chances of releasing more then one egg. Will that affect opks. I only asked as I did use them for the first time last month and I got two days which where positive then the next day a negative followed by 3 more positives. This also leads me to think we missed ovulation and baby dancing by one day as we stopped when Ivor the negative.

Any ladies out there that an share their OPK and clomid experiences?
    I wanna make this month count for all its got.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: OPK and clomid

The first month I used clomid I did opks. I got positives but my blood tests later that cycle showed I had not ovulated. I was so upset at it gave false hope. My doctor said they were unreliable and not to bother. So I stopped using them and ended up changing to a fertility centre where they track your hormone levels with regular blood tests so you know exactly when you are ovulating and can time intercourse. Three cycles later and i am pregnant.

I don't think you would get stronger positives on opks for more than one egg, as the LH surge would be same I believe. Bodily signs are a better indicator of ovulation.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub