+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What is your routine for your 12mth and how is your day spent in terms of play

Hi other mummies just wondering how your day is spent with your 12mth old? Do you have set times for things interms of play? ie story time, music time etc. Water play etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What is your routine for your 12mth and how is your day spent in terms of play

Subbing. Perfect timing

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't really have a specific routine as such - I just work around DS's naps which are generally at around 10.30 and 4 or 5 (although today he hasn't had an afternoon nap, I think the heat is affecting him!). We play in the morning after breaky, nap then lunch, play after lunch (I let him crawl around the house, play in the playpen or we might go in the paddle pool etc). Then he usually naps again and plays for a few hours in the evening when DH gets home and we read him a book after his bath - usually around 8pm. DS's bedtime can be anywhere between 8.30 and 10.30 depending on his mood and the temperature!

That's just a typical day if we don't go out. We probably go out 3-4 times a week to visit friends, family, go to the shops, the pool etc.
    If we go out, his routine is kind of out the window.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

We just go with the flow, he's pretty easy-going so we pretty much just fit in activities wherever we can

Thanks
    Reviews

Our 12 month old is baby # 3 and as such she has had to fit around the bigger kids kindy drop offs/swimming lessons/ballet etc etc. however she consistently has two sleeps during the day - the first being around 9am (she's awake about 6am) and she will sleep for 3 hours then again about 2pm for an hour or two. Bedtime is about 530/630 depending on her day and she sleeps for 12-14hours straight. She is a very relaxed easy going baby and if we have to go out we go out and I try to put her to sleep in pram. I usually plan outings of the afternoon as her morning sleep is her biggest (and lets me get heaps done at home) and I can "string her along" til bed time if I have to without that second sleep. We play lots and she has heaps if interaction with siblings when awake. We are flexible with her totally but know her tired signs and when it's time for sleep etc so we don't miss that window.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Dd1 -

Wake and bf 6am
    Breakfast 6.30am ish
    Bf then nap 9-11
    Lunch 12
    Bf then nap 2-4
    Dinner 5
    Bf 6
    Bath 7 and bf/bed 7.30

2 overnight feeds.

We used to do our 'big' activity 11-2 everyday ie library, shops/visit etc.

Park was usually 7-8/9am ish ever second morning as it's too hot in brissie to be out later and I'd walk there/back and she would pass out in the pram where I'd let her sleep parked at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

6:30 We wake up have a bottle
    7ish she has breaky and plays, walks around like a mad women till about 8:30/9

Then we have about an hour sleep

10 we have a half bottle then we either go out to the park/pool to see nan or friends, play at home.

12 lunch & playing again (drawing etc)

1:30/2pm bottle then sleep for about an hour and a half which is good so I can get some work done.

2:45/3ish up and play, go for a walk if it's not too hot etc.

5 dinner, 5:45 bath, 6 quiet play books, bottle & bed about 6:30.

She has reverted back to a dreadful sleeper over the past month which has made me wonder when do they drop to one sleep?

Thanks
    Reviews

DS has recently gone down to 2 naps usually around 9.30 and 3pm, he is sleeping longer for these naps than he did before, it's good.

I get up when he does usually around 7.30, he has brekky before milk and then he plays or we go out eg shops/mothers group.
    9.30ish he sometimes has a bit of bottle to go down for his nap.
    Wakes around 11 and he plays and eats lunch around 12.
    We might go out in the afternoon or play - this is the time I think I'm going to start doing more structured play with him, like water play or something - any ideas???
    3ish he has his 2nd nap and has been sleeping much longer than usual (the other day was nearly 3 hours!!)
    5pm is dinner
    Then a shower/play - we want to do more stories but the kid just won't sit still or just tries to eat his books - very frustrating for this teacher!
    Bed has been later recently around 8pm.
    He has also started sleeping better at night, even sleeping through a few times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

When DS was 12mths, his typical routine looked like this:-

Wake/bottle 6.30-7am
    Breakfast 8-8.30am
    Walk the dog to park
    Nap 9.30-11am
    Lunch 11-11.30am
    Playtime, shopping, gymbaroo etc
    Bottle/Nap 2pm-3.30pm
    Playtime at home
    Dinner/bath 5-6pm
    Playtime with dad 6.30pm
    Bottle/bed 7pm

Thanks
    Reviews
    what are good play time activities for bubs aged between 9months - 14months?