+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Childcare industry warns of cost blowout

We can't afford for me not to work. We're in a lucky situation though where DP works shift, so I'll work while he's at home with the kiddies, and they go to DC 1 day a week. So my other days 'pay' for the daycare. Otherwise I'd *just* be bringing in some income at the end of the day.
    I have NFI how people afford the$180/day. It's all supply and demand though. Huge demand, they supply, at ridiculous prices!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I guess if the standard of care is going to go up too, I might pay it, but I mean, our centre is $75 day, $150 Isnt that much of a stretch compared to what others pay i guess. But by the time this comes in DD will be in school, sooo meh. I think the government is going to have to bankroll these changes if they want to get/keep mums in the workforce

Thanks
    Reviews

Our centre is $100 per day, we pay a little over $50 out of pocket currently.

We have 1 child in childcare but from late next yr will have two, meaning after tax I'd earn nearly $60 per day after paying both their fees, using my current wage of $54K and their current fees/rebate structure. Increase that by $8.67/day per child for 5 days a week... No I wouldn't bother working for $40/day.

Thanks
    Reviews

Also, childcare bill is VERY close to being the same as my mortgage .. And we're average income earners with an average mortgage and have 1 child in care

5. The Following User Says Thank You to newmummy2010 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (29-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are out of pocket $17,160 after the rebate for 1 in all day 4 day a week care and 1 in 4 half days a week care. I'm satisfied with that. Even without the ccr the yearly fees would cost less than half of my yearly wage so it would still be affordable for us and means it would still be worth me working. How lucky we all are to have the ccr, I bet they make a change to that before long as well.