+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default mercy heidelberg ob

which mercy ob have you used? were they good, how much did they cost, which dr's covered them & did u get a single room as priv patient at mercy & can hubby stay overnight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default mercy heidelberg ob

I'm public with The Mercy, had one appointment with Fiona Cowell found her very informative and quite friendly. If you do go Private you only get the option of a single room if they are available. I was going private but was accepted as a public patient, lucky for me as I've ended up with numerous complications and now see just the Obstetricians and no midwives.

Also if you end up with a C/S you have to share a room regardless of whether you have private. I've found the only difference is the amount of time you spend after the birth if you are private.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my baby at Mercy and got a single room (not a c/s delivery) - my sister had a c/s at the Mercy late last year as a private patient and got a single room. I was told that no matter what type of delivery, you will get a single room (if available), my ob told me that they have so many single rooms they have never had a private patient not get a single room if requested!

Similar Threads

1. Good female OB at Mercy Heidelberg?
    By Mother2bee in forum Seeking a Midwife or Doula?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2013, 08:46
  2. Royal Women's or Mercy Hospital Heidelberg
    By MelbourneManda in forum Seeking a Maternity Hospital
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 20-04-2012, 00:22
  3. Birthing publicly at Heidelberg Mercy?
    By strawberry swing in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-03-2012, 15:32