+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Frer false positives.

I think I may have had faulty tests the past 2 months but could have been chems as i also had preg symptoms. I had been reading about false positives on frer which is what I used, (also used pregnosis with a faint line too...) Anyway, I've heard good things about oracle fertility tests so thought id try them

I got my delivery of oracle hpt yesterday. I'm still a weeks from ovulation, and done one to see if they have evaps or false positives. Mine was stark white, no hint of a line, couldn't even see where the line should be.

At least I know if I get a faint line it's real. 40 hpt Delivered to my door for under $10.

Ill post my tests pics later
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 08-01-2013 at 20:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Attachment 29892 same photo cropped
    And another photo in better lightAttachment 29891Wow... I would think positive for sure!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    Yes I had big issues.

I have the mirena, my period stopped and I wanted to test just to rule pregnancy out as you never know with these things.
    The test was a strong positive.
    I went straight to my GP, from when I took the test to when I walked into his office it had been 45 minutes.
    I showed him my test, he said It was defiantly a positive, he sent me for bloods and immediate ultrasound to rule out ectopic due to the mirena.
    Blood test was neg. ultrasound clear.

I wasn't pregnant.
    It Wasn't a chemical.
    I took the FRER test to the drs with me, he said it was a positive.
    But 1 hour after my VERY positive test I had a blood test that showed my HGC was at <1.7
    And ultrasound was clear.

So I kept testing, still got positives.
    I dipped a FRER into some water, I got a positive.

I went back 2 weeks later as the dr wanted to do another HCG test, that morning I tested and got a positive, blood test results were once again negative <2 this time.
    At that visit my dr then informed me he has had a few more visits from ladies who say they got a positive with FRER but all medical tests show up no trace of there ever being a pregnancy.
    My dr has written a letter to First Response test lab and attached some of his patients notes (I gave approval for this)

Attachment 29893
    ^a couple of "positive" FRERs than the clear blue obviously saying not pregnant.
    All taken with the same days morning urine (I peed in a cup)

I would have thought that was a positive too

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    I've gotten this just recently too its
    not fair, especially when it gets ur hopes up. I've previously had a few with faint lines also that I've noticing are becoming more frequent, however when u go to the doctors it's a neg. It's frustrating especially when FR used to be so reliable & they're fairly expensive. I don't know what brand to go to now & u shouldn't have to buy 2 different brands every time u want to test!

I'll see if I can post a pic of a positive I got at 8DPO but then the rest were all neg & AF later arrived.

Attachment 29895
    That is such a clear 2nd line!!! I hope you get your real bpf soon

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    I think I may have had faulty tests the past 2 months but could have been chems as i also had preg symptoms. I had been reading about false positives on frer which is what I used, (also used pregnosis with a faint line too...) Anyway, I've heard good things about oracle fertility tests so thought id try them

I got my delivery of oracle hpt yesterday. I'm still a weeks from ovulation, and done one to see if they have evaps or false positives. Mine was stark white, no hint of a line, couldn't even see where the line should be.

At least I know if I get a faint line it's real. 40 hpt Delivered to my door for under $10.

Ill post my tests pics later
    I just did one too! Thought at about 1dpo I can't be disappointed that its neg - it was a lovely white too, and the control line was nice and clear. Plus if you love POAS you don't feel guilty because they don't cost much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the crappy quoting ^^^!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Wow ladies, going by your false positives I'm def not pregnant, my line is there and is pink, but its fainter. I won't use them again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BlotchedTabby View Post
    I just did one too! Thought at about 1dpo I can't be disappointed that its neg - it was a lovely white too, and the control line was nice and clear. Plus if you love POAS you don't feel guilty because they don't cost much.
    Haha exactally! fx we get our bfps this month!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (08-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok here goes...

I Came off BC end of October, and in November at 8dpo, i POAS (FRER) i had to tend to DS so didnt get to check the result and forgot about it till the next day, when i found it there was a VERY faint but clearly pink glow. I left it a few days and at 12dpo i got this... LITERALLY 3 hours later i started cramping and got AF. I Appologise for the half line, I am a POASaholic, and had a tiny tinkle, with bad aim. But this still showed within a min or 2.
    nov.jpgnov2.jpg

Before christmas we went away, and i had motion sickness in the car that i NEVER get, and felt nauseous on and off for about a week. I tested around 10/11dpo on a CONFIRM in the arvo after holding on for 3hrs and not drinking (Not FRER as i couldnt get them then) and got this...
    decconfirm.jpg

I left it until the next day and got some FRER, that night i got a BFN, as well as the next day with FMU...
    Here is my proof...lol
    dec2.jpg
    Then the following day after that, im sure there was a faint faint faint faint line....It was more obvious IRL and appeared after about a min.
    dec.jpg

Due to the mixed results, i left it for testing but purchased a digital incase AF didnt come a few days later... But arrived the day before id planned to use it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Frer false positives.

Last two cycles...all faint, recurring n followed by AF

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Frer false positives.

Far out this is bad? FRER were the only tests you could really honestly rely on

You girls really need to Give them feedback. It's not good enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had faint ones last cycle. Didn't keep the photos once I got af though.

I recommend the Oracle Fertility IC's. I get them off ebay. As mentioned above in the thread you don't even get a hint of a line, noooo squinting and maybe's there!